THE lemon cake. I enjoyed a lemon cream cake at a popular Italian restaurant so much that I wanted to recreate it at home. It is a white cake topped with vanilla crumbs and filled with rich lemon cream. After a few attempts, this is the version that I like best.
With mixer on low, beat in eggs and yolks, one at a time. Taste of Home has the best lemon cake recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. This lemon cake is a true classic, perfect for a birthday or anniversary or simply paired with afternoon tea. You can have THE lemon cake using 26 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of THE lemon cake
- Prepare of Sift dry ingredients :.
- It’s 2 c of flour (e.g. type 65) = 330g.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Cream wet ingredients :.
- It’s 1 c of olive oil = 200ml.
- You need 1 c of cane sugar = 200g.
- It’s 100 ml of aquafaba (if not available, next ingredient:).
- Prepare 3 tsp of egg replacer = 9g (e.g. Orgran No Egg).
- Prepare 8 ml of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Let curdle :.
- It’s 1 of c=240ml soy milk.
- You need 1/4 c of lemon juice = 55-65ml.
- You need of Oven.
- Prepare 170 of Celsius upper+lower heat.
- You need of Finish up :.
- You need 2 tsp of grated lemon peel.
- Prepare of lined oblong cake pan.
- Prepare of or.
- Prepare 1 of lined baking sheet with doubled recipe.
- You need of After baking :.
- It’s of Lemon Glaze:.
- It’s 1/2 c of = 100g cane sugar pulverized (powdered sugar).
- It’s of lemon juice (ca. 2 lemons).
- You need 1 tsp of grated lemon peel.
It's full of flavor, wonderfully moist, and balanced with a delicate crumb. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugar together. One of my favorite things about lemon cake is that it pairs wonderfully with so many flavors, including raspberry, blueberry, coconut, lime, and strawberry! However, for today's lemon cake, we're pulling out all the stops and going FULL Lemon with a dreamy Lemon Curd Filling and my FAVORITE silky smooth Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting!
THE lemon cake step by step
- Pulse 1st four dry ingredients at speed7 for 5sec or sift them at your regular method.
- Whisk oil and sugar lowest speed till well combined.
- Add vanilla, then aquafaba to oil and whisk at low speed 2min longer.
- Combine milk and lemon juice and keep lemon peel aside.
- At lowest speed add flour in 2-3 steps alternating with curdled milk – don't overbeat!.
- Oven at 170°C.
- Add lemon peel and combine manually.
- Fill dough into lined cake pan.
- Oblong coffeecake form: bake in oven for 70min.
- Baking sheet w/doubled recipe (!): Oventime 35min.
- If baked in medium muffin cases and several baking sheets 160°C hot air oven for 18min.
- Top must be slightly browned, not caramelized and alleviated.
- Let cake cool for an hour in baking sheet / cake form on rack.
- Take out of pan and loosen lining yet leaving it on.
- Prick top with tooth pick several times.
- Pulverize your sugar (or use store bought powdered).
- Stir in lemon juice bit by bit.
- Sprinkle in lemon peel.
- When right consistency, glaze cake.
- Let glaze set for at least 15min.
- Enjoy !!!.
This luscious Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting is sunshine served on a plate! It's just the right amount of sweet, melt-in-your-mouth tender, and bursting with fresh lemon flavor. This is hands-down the best lemon cake recipe I've ever tasted, anywhere, and quite possibly the best cake I've ever baked. It's deliciously moist and light and is remarkable paired with tangy cream cheese buttercream. Pro Tips for making this lemon cake recipe.