Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe). For the sake of comparison, here are the ingredients that I did NOT use in my recipe but are used in P. It came out great with a nice sauce for the plain white rice. This Chicken and Eggplant stir-fry is inspired by Thai cuisine and is one of my favorite dishes.
Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Add the diced eggplant and cook, stirring lightly to ensure even cooking, for one minute. Remove the eggplant with a slotted spoon and set on paper toweling to drain. You can have Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe)
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (no canola oil is used as no deep frying in this recipe).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (about 6 large cloves).
- You need 2 tablespoons of sliced ginger.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (instead of vinegar).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of date syrup (instead of the sugar and to induce some dark color as no bean sauce is used in this recipe).
- You need 2 tablespoons of water.
- It’s of Chicken breasts cut into cubes and cooked separately in a pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Skinned Eggplant sliced as desired.
- It’s of Carrots cut into stripes.
- You need of Green onions.
- It’s of Steamed white rice.
- It’s of Chili flakes (no chili paste or spicy sauce to make it edible for children but these can be added as desired).
- Prepare of Water to steam the eggplants and carrots (steaming is used to eliminate using a lot of oil in the recipe and to reduce time for sautéing eggplants and carrots in oil).
Remove all but about a teaspoon of oil from the wok. Chang's GROUND CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT Source: P. Chang's Stir-fried with scallions in a savory soy chili pepper sauce. Ingredients: Chicken, Japanese eggplant, Chang's sauce*, chicken stock, chili paste, cornstarch, dark sauce*, garlic, green onions, sesame oil.
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) instructions
- Steam the eggplants and the carrots separately.
- In a wok or large pan add the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the garlic, the ginger and the sesame seeds.. Oh the fragrance!!😋😋.
- Sauté the steamed carrots first for about 1 minute then add steamed eggplants and drizzle some sesame oil on top. Carefully mix for about 5 minutes. Note that since steaming has been used, it reduces a lot the cooking time of the vegetables at this phase. Basically we are just coating them with flavor. You can vary the amount of time for steaming and make it less steaming but more sautéing time with oil or the opposite like what I did. I chose the latter to give it a healthier twist..
- Now add the already chicken cubes on top of step 3..
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the cornstarch with the water, adding the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili flakes, and the date syrup. If you need to use more water you can add the amount of water remaining or less of it as desired..
- Pour the sauce prepared in step 5 to step 4 and wait until it reduces.
- Slice green onions to garnish and serve with white steamed rice. Bon appetit!👌.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. If you don't think you're much of an eggplant fan, this recipe is here to change your mind. Wok-fried eggplant stirred with a spicy sesame chili sauce perfectly mimics P. Pf Changs Eggplant Recipe Fried Eggplant Recipes Spicy Eggplant Eggplant Dishes Healthy Veg Recipes Asian.