Vickys Individual Mississippi Mud Pies, GF DF EF SF NF. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Roll out the pastry fairly thinly on a floured surface. Prick the bottom of each pie with a fork and then line each pie with a crumpled square of baking paper.
Pour in the melted butter and pulse briefly to mix well. A Mississippi mud pie is probably the ultimate chocolate recipe. Everyone in the SORTEDfood crew agreed that everyone should try this at least once in their life. You can have Vickys Individual Mississippi Mud Pies, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Individual Mississippi Mud Pies, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of Pastry.
- Prepare 325 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 170 grams of dairy-free spread such as Stork block, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 25 grams of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need 4 tbsp of cold water or as required.
- It’s of Chocolate Filling.
- It’s 1 of my choc-a-mole mousse recipe, doubled – see my profile.
- It’s of Ganache Topping.
- Prepare 150 grams of plain chocolate.
- You need 150 grams of coconut cream.
This rich, heavenly, unbelievably chocolaty, creamy, made from scratch Mississippi Mud Pie is simply amazing! This Mississippi Mud Pie is a rich and indulgent dessert made with Flourless Chocolate Cake filling topped with whipped cream in a buttery chocolate graham cracker crust – lord have mercy on our waistlines. Multi award-winning, gloriously tasty pies and squiches. Hand-made in batches in an Artisan style with love in Midhurst.
Vickys Individual Mississippi Mud Pies, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Mix together the flour, xanthan gum if using and cocoa powder, then add the butter cubes. Rub through and together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Gradually add in the water, a tsp at a time, until the pastry just comes together. Form it into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes. You can also use my separate gluten-free pastry recipe for this.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F. Roll out the pastry fairly thinly on a floured surface. Cut out 10cm circles with a cutter and gently press into the holes of a muffin tin or if you have them, individual flan cases. Prick the bottom of each pie with a fork and then line each pie with a crumpled square of baking paper. Fill with baking beans and bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and take out the baking beans and paper. Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes to ensure you don't get a soggy bottom!.
- Let the pastry cool in the moulds for a few minutes before tipping out. Let them finish cooling on a wire rack. Make the chocolate mousse as per my other recipe. Fill each pastry case halfway with the mousse, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Make the ganache before you take the pies out of the fridge.
- Chop the chocolate quite small. Heat the cream in a saucepan and when almost boiling, take off the heat and stir in the chocolate until the mixture is thick and smooth. Let cool enough so it's still spreadable but not warm enough to melt the mousse. Spoon on top of the mousse and smooth out.
- At this stage I like to just sprinkle with chocolate strands or powdered sugar but it's also nice to put a dollop of chantilly cream on top and decorate with chocolate curls.
- You can also change the base to suit yourself. A biscuit like oreos or bourbon creams mixed with some melted butter make a nice base, or you could go raw and make one from pecan or hazelnuts which is delicious.
- If the thought of the avocado mousse scares you too much (be brave, you'll thank me later) double the ganache instead. When almost cooled whip it up with a whisk and fill that into the pastry instead, then top with chocolate flavour icing instead.
Vickys Scottish Deep-Fried Mars Bar, No, I'm Not Joking!! Vickys Individual Mississippi Mud Pies, GF DF EF SF NF. Green Bean Casserole, Gumbo, Hanukkah, Hot Toddy, Hummus, Kedgeree, Kfc For Seduction, Latkes, Lemon Drizzle Cake, Lentil Soup, Macaroni Cheese, Margarita, Marzipan, Mince Pie, Mince. Mississippi Mud Pie is a blues rock band based in the Netherlands (Amsterdam). I've had a faint memory of Mississippi Mud Pie from my college days but all I could recall was that little number was TASTY and sweeeet!