Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes. Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Stir the mixture again, then divide the mixture between the hamburger buns and serve immediately.
These tasty sloppy joes with plenty of mass appeal are perfect for a gathering. If you're taking them to an event later in the day, simplify your morning by cooking the beef mixture and stirring in other ingredients the night before. Cool the meat sauce in shallow bowls in the fridge, then cover and refrigerate them overnight. You can cook Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- It’s of Skillet.
- It’s 3 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- You need 2 cup of onion, chopped (2 large).
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Slow Cooker.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of chopped sweet peppers (about 2-3 medium).
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 12 oz of beer.
- Prepare 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of molasses.
- You need 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- It’s 4 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 dash of hot pepper sauce.
- You need 12 of buns.
- It’s 1 of dill pickle slices (optional).
- It’s 1 slice of pickled peppers (optional).
The next day, transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker to. Cooking the meat for sloppy joes in the slow cooker makes for the most delicious, tender, and seasoned beef filling. The ingredients and flavors have so much time to meld making for an intensified delicious flavor. Sloppy joes are the perfect game day food and this is a great recipe to make if you're hosting friends or family to watch the game.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes step by step
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onions, and garlic over medium heat until may is brown and onion are tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. (I have to do this in two steps because I need a larger skillet)..
- In a 3.5 or 4 quart slow cooker combine meat mixture, sweet peppers, celery, beer, ketchup, molasses, yellow mustard, chili powder, vinegar, and a dash of hot pepper sauce..
- Cover and cook on low-heat seeing for 6 to 8 hours on high-heat setting fire 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to soon meat mixture onto roll bottoms. If desired, add assorted toppers ( pickles, peppers, extra mustard). Personally I usually eat these open faced because they're pretty sloppy..
Cook Ground Beef, Onion and Garlic in a browning slow cooker or skillet until cooked through and onion is tender. Drain and place meat in slow cooker. In a medium bowl combine Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, Brown Sugar, Mustard, Vinegar and Chili Powder and blend well. This made for a very enjoyable lunch, and kept warm in a slow cooker, could also work very nicely for a Super Bowl party. It tastes enough like a traditional beef Sloppy Joe to provide that satisfying comfort food fix, yet seems much lighter.