Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust). In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove the pizza bases from the oven, flip and top with the tomato sauce. Spoon a good amount of the mince on the pizza base and sprinkle with cheese.
It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust) is something which I've loved my entire life. You can have Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust) using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust)
- Prepare 1 can of refrigerated pizza dough (I use the thin crust version).
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 can of Sloppy Joe sauce of your choice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Cheese flavored French's French fried onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced red onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion.
- Prepare 6 stick of colby string cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded colby cheese.
I had me at Sloppy Joe's. Sloppy Joe Pizza is an easy ground beef dinner recipe using Pillsbury pizza crust and homemade sloppy joe sauce. Sloppy Joe Pizza is an easy weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will love. Big Mac Sloppy Joes Unroll pizza dough onto greased baking sheet.
Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust) step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or whatever temp is recommended on pizza crust dough can).
- Saute red and yellow diced onions on medium heat in skillet using small amount of olive oil. Set aside sautéed onions.
- Brown pound of ground beef in skillet om medium heat and drain grease. After drained, add sauted onions and sloppy Joe sauce from can. Stir together and return to stove top.
- Cook browned ground beef, onion and sloppy Joe sauce according to can directions (usually heating on medium until it bubbles, then turn heat to low and simmer covered 5 to 10 minutes). Set mixture aside when complete..
- Unroll dough onto 8 x 12 cookie sheet.
- Place string cheese around edges of dough leaving about half inch of space between string cheese and edge of dough..
- Fold edges of dough over string cheese and press to seal to form stuffed crust.
- Crush 3/4 cup of the French's cheese french fried onions and press lightly into pizza crust dough..
- Par bake stuffed crust according to directions on can of pizza crust dough of your choice (usually 5 to 6 minutes).
- Allow par baked crust to cool 5 minutes, then evenly top with cooked sloppy Joe beef mixture.
- Top sloppy Joe beef mixture with shredded colby cheese evenly (I often end up sprinkling more on. Never have too much cheese…).
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup of uncrushed French's French fried cheese onions on top of shredded colby..
- Bake pizza in oven according to directions on crust can (in thin crust case, 10-12 minutes) or until edges are golden..
- Remove pizza from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes before cutting. Serve and Enjoy!.
The sloppy joe recipe is a basic recipe. The regular crust thickness found in the refrigerator section near the biscuits and crescent rolls. Drain the fat from the beef in a colander. Return beef to skillet, and stir in sour cream, ketchup, salt, and garlic powder. DELIVERY & CARRYOUT LOCATIONS ARE OPEN!