Quick sloppy joe. Quick & Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes When we were first married and poor college students, I found this sloppy joe recipe and tweaked it. The fresh bell peppers give it a wonderful flavor. —Kallee Twiner, Maryville, Tennessee Fast and easy! These sloppy joes are a sure winner.
This old fashioned Sloppy Joe Recipe is a quick and easy family-pleasin' kind of meal. Ground beef crumbles in a tangy-sweet sauce piled on toasted buns. These homemade sloppy joes taste so much better than anything you'd get from a can and it doesn't take much extra time! You can have Quick sloppy joe using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick sloppy joe
- Prepare of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of Red Pepper dice fine.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of half onion dice fine.
- Prepare 1 of half can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3 dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 of good splash of hot pepper juice.
- Prepare 2 of good pinches of sugar.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. While the pan is heating up, pulse together the garlic, onion and bell pepper in the bowl of a food processor until finely chopped. Southern Living Sloppy Joe's is a great place to start. To begin with, all we're gonna need is about a pound and a half to two pounds of lean ground beef.
Quick sloppy joe instructions
- On Med high heat brown ground beef then drain off grease.
- Lower heat to medium and onion, pepper, garlic and fry for two minutes.
- Add ground beef and rest if ingredients. Set to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put on any bread or roll you want and enjoy.
- Quick note I used a cast iron pan and no extra oil.
Now, you can [SOUND] start with ground chuck, and a lot of times, you find that on sale. Bring back happy childhood comfort food memories with our Quick Sloppy Joe! How to make Sloppy Joes with Ketchup: Brown the ground beef in a large skillet until no longer pink. You can use ground turkey too! Find gluten-free, heart-healthy, vegetarian, vegan, Instant Pot, slow cooker, sheet pan, seafood recipes, and more.