pistachio muffins. Lightly spray liners and pan with cooking spray. The high heat causes the steam in the muffins to release quickly, making the muffin puff up and create that perfect dome on top. Watch your muffins closely as they finish baking.
Sorry about this word again but these pistachio muffins are moist. Very much so, in fact, thanks to the box of instant pudding mix added to the batter. The plus side means these muffins won't become dry even days after baking, but the downside is that they're more prone to the classic muffin-top-gets-more-moist conundrum as time goes by. You can have pistachio muffins using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of pistachio muffins
- You need of batter.
- Prepare 1 box of butter recipe cake mix.
- You need 1 packages of instant pistachio pudding mix.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need of topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and finely chopped pistachios. Line muffin tins with muffin liners (I used parchment paper liners (link in recipe card) and they worked great). In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, almond extract, and milk until fully combined and fluffy. Put the pistachios in a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
pistachio muffins instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- mix all batter ingredients together..
- spray muffin tins or use paper muffin wrappers..
- pour batter into tins half full.
- sprinkle topping over batter..
- Bake until slightly browned and/ or a toothpick comes out clean. approximately 30 minutes..
Tip out into a large bowl and mix with the flour and sugar until thoroughly mixed. Pour into greased muffin pan or a muffin pan with paper liners. One of the things I like about these pistachio muffins is that the pistachio flavor is subtle, yet so satisfying. The addition of chocolate chips and chopped pistachios completes them, making them a favorite of everyone who tries them. Muffins are one of my favorite things.