Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup. Deals Everyday for Your Kitchen and Home. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers.
Pour broth over and add ham bone. This split pea soup is almost as easy as opening a can, and twice as yummy. Add water to loosen, if necessary. You can cook Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup
- It’s 1 lb of split peas.
- Prepare 1 of med. onion (diced).
- It’s 3-5 of carrots (diced).
- You need 2-4 stalks of celery (chopped).
- Prepare 2-4 of potatoes (diced).
- You need 2-4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 can of chicken stock.
- You need 2-3 cups of water.
- Prepare of salt&pepper.
This Crock Pot Split Pea Soup has all the flavors of the old fashioned soup favorite and is the perfect leftover ham recipe. There are those recipes, ya know the ones. Those old-timey recipes that remind you of simpler times. Ham and Beans come to mind as well as classic Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese.
Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup step by step
- Throw everything in to the Crock-Pot. (Ran out of onion, used 3-4 tbs onion powder instead).
- Tips: *For vegan, substitute chicken broth with all water *For more chicken flavor omit water for all broth *Add cooked cubed ham or cooked chopped bacon for more meatiness.
- High 4-5 hours. Low: 6-8. Depending on Crock-Pot..
- Ready when soup is creamy..
Beef and Noodles would qualify as well as Chicken and Dumplings. When I saw that my pal. Add dried peas and broth to slow cooker. Cut veggies into med. sized sliced pieces and add to crockpot. Dice onion and add that as well as your salt too. (can salt at the end if you'd rather) Put your ham hock in the middle (if you're using one), or sprinkle your diced ham pcs. into your pot.