Mexican Sloppy Joe Stuffed Biscuits. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Sloppy Joe Stuffed Biscuits are a real treat and a great way to use leftover Sloppy Joes. Flaky buttermilk biscuits are filled with savory meat & cheese filling and baked until golden brown. Use a smaller cutter to make appetizer-sized biscuits. You can have Mexican Sloppy Joe Stuffed Biscuits using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Sloppy Joe Stuffed Biscuits
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper; medium dice.
- It’s 1 of red onion; small dice.
- It’s 6 of jalapenos; minced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet corn.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic; minced.
- It’s 18 oz of tomato puree.
- It’s 8 oz of chili sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of molasses.
- Prepare 2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 can of biscuits.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter; melted.
Sloppy Joe Stuffed Rolls This is a great make-ahead meal to freeze, then just pop them into the oven and add a salad or fries, and your pretty much good to go. Give this twist on the classic sloppy Joe a try, maybe for game day. Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Mexican Sloppy Joe Stuffed Biscuits instructions
- Heat large saute pan. Brown the ground beef with the dried seasonings, and remove from saute pan. Use the rendered fat to saute the peppers and onions with adding vegetable oil as needed..
- Add garlic 1 minute before the peppers and onions are nicely caramelized. Cook until fragrant..
- Caramelize tomato paste for one or two minutes in the pan to remove metallic flavor..
- Return beef to pan. Add remaining wet ingredients and cinnamon..
- Reduce approximately 20 minutes or until desired consistency is reached..
- Adjust seasoning. Fold in cilantro..
- Combine three biscuits together and flatten into a circle. Stuff with approximately 3 tablespoons of the mixture. Fold over and press the edges together to seal the pocket. Top with melted butter and cracked black pepper..
Stir in sloppy joe sauce and chili powder. If desired, brush tops and sides of biscuits with an egg wash before baking. Drain the fat from the beef in a colander. Return beef to skillet, and stir in sour cream, ketchup, salt, and garlic powder. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.