Our Family Recipe for Sichuan Style Twice-Cooked Pork. Low Prices on Our Family Recipe. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Twice-cooked pork means that the pork should be cooked twice. Firstly pork is boiled in water until nearly cooked, then use Doubanjiang (also known as broad bean paste), fermented black soy beans (Douchi), ginger, garlic and side ingredients to stir-fry for flavoring.
This is my family's recipe for twice-cooked pork. Enjoy the rich flavor of douchi! This is my family's recipe for twice-cooked pork. You can cook Our Family Recipe for Sichuan Style Twice-Cooked Pork using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe for Sichuan Style Twice-Cooked Pork
- It’s 400 grams of Thinly-sliced pork belly.
- You need 1/3 of Cabbage.
- You need 3 of Green peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red bell peppers (optional).
- It’s 1 of Green onion or scallion.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ★Douchi.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ★Tianmianjiang.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Doubanjiang.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Weipa.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Sake.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
Our Family Recipe for Sichuan Style Twice-Cooked Pork. Place a wok or a heavy bottom pan over high heat. Then add the sliced boiled pork belly. Mix together until the pork is coated with the sauce.
Our Family Recipe for Sichuan Style Twice-Cooked Pork instructions
- It takes no effort if you put the meat and karakuriko flour into a plastic bag and shake..
- It takes no effort if you put the meat and karakuriko flour into a plastic bag and shake them up..
- Chop the bell pepper and cabbage into bite-sizes. Slice the leek or scallion diagonally..
- Stir-fry the meat (from Step 2) in a pan. When brown, add the bell peppers and stir-fry over high heat. Add the cabbage and leek (scallion) and continue frying..
- When the ingredients are just cooked enough, stir in the pre-combined ★ condiments. Mix everything thoroughly and serve!.
- You could use miso instead of douchi, but use douchi for the flavor with the most depth..
Twice-cooked pork is Szechuan style pork, which requires cooking twice – first simmer in water, followed by pan-frying and enrobed in a glossy thick gorgeous sauce made with a combination of chili bean paste and other unique Szechuan seasonings. Add the whole piece of pork belly and the ginger, and bring the pot to a boil again. Remove the pork from the pot and run it under cold running water for about a minute. Fry and season the pork slices: Heat the cooking oil and add the pork slices to fry until rolling up a little over low heat. Add in the broad bean paste, fermented soy beans and ginger.