sloppy joes. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the green peppers and onions. Add ground beef and cook until brown.
This is the perfect basic sloppy joes recipe. I won't be buying the canned stuff anymore. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops. You can cook sloppy joes using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of sloppy joes
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 can of tomato soup.
- You need 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- It’s 1 dozen of buns.
Serve with your favorite sides or sliced tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper,. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
sloppy joes step by step
- Brown ground beef and chopped onions in a large pan.
- Add garlic powder and black pepper to beef when the beef is halfway done.
- Drain grease from the beef.
- Add remaining ingredients to the beef.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve on buns.
Sloppy Joes Sandwiches You'll love this quick, easy and economical dish. Brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness, both for traditional sandwiches on buns or as a down-home topping for rice, biscuits or baked potatoes. —Laurie Hauser, Rochester, New York Directions In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. These cook in one pot, with ground beef, onions, garlic, carrots, and celery, in sweet-and-sour tomato sauce. Served messy on purpose, over hamburger buns.