Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas. Separate the dough into equal sized balls. Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Heat the oil for frying chalupas.
These crockpot chalupas are so easy to make and so addicting! Shredded Mexican flavored pork and pinto beans over a baked crispy tortilla. It was not chalupas and that was not okay. You can have Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas
- You need of Meat.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1/4 pound of smoked sausage.
- It’s 3 ounces of sliced bacon.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of pasta sauce I used Mids Italian sausage sauce.
- Prepare of Chalupa fried bread.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter diced.
- It’s 2-1/4 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare As needed of peanut oil to fry in.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- You need 2 of large avocados.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 of large lemon.
- You need To taste of shredded Parmesan cheese.
It was veggie curry in the crockpot and itttttt… was gross. Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas step by step. Fry the bacon crisp, keep the drippings. Chalupa Joes Ordinary sloppy joes get a lift from extra seasonings and picante sauce.
Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas instructions
- Fry the bacon crisp, keep the drippings. Take casing off the sausage, and chop well. Crumble the bacon..
- Chop the onions. Fry them in the bacon drippings. Add the sausage and ground sirloin. Season with salt and minced garlic..
- Drain the meat mixture, then add the sauce and crumbled bacon. Turn down low stirring then cover. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Heat the oil for frying chalupas..
- Mix all the chalupa ingredients except the oil to fry in. Knead and form a ball..
- Separate the dough into equal sized balls. Roll out into disc..
- Fry 2 minutes on first side then about a minute on side 2..
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Repeat till done..
- Slice the avocados squeeze the lemon over the avocado slices and salt. Add the cheese..
- Add some of the meat sauce to the chalupa and top with toppings..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Try serving them with refried beans and tortilla chips for a mouthwatering Mexican meal.—Nancy Means, Moline, Illinois Chalupa joes recipe. Learn how to cook great Chalupa joes. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Chalupa joes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Chalupa joes recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Learn how to cook great Chalupa.