Hoisin Sloppy Joe. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! For a fun, Asian-inspired twist on the same old sloppy joes, turn to flavor-packed hoisin sauce.
Hoisin sauce provides sweetness; pork adds flavor; ginger and a bit of chili sauce bring the heat (which we have adjusted to suit younger palates). To make sauce: Heat a wok or large sauté pan over medium heat. Hoisin sauce, a thick sweet-and-spicy Chinese condiment, gives ground turkey a deep and savory flavor in this new twist on a classic American sandwich. You can cook Hoisin Sloppy Joe using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hoisin Sloppy Joe
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers (diced).
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 2 Bunch of scallions (minced).
- Prepare 1 pound of Ground beef.
- You need 4 ounce of Hoisin Sauce.
- It’s 4 ounce of BBQ sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Brown sugar.
- It’s 2 slices of hickory bacon.
- You need 3 of ribs of celery (diced).
- It’s Pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s Pinch of red pepper flakes.
Directions: Add the oil to a large nonstick skillet and set the pan over medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine shredded cabbage, mayonnaise and lime juice. Make sandwiches: Top the bottom half of each bun with sloppy joe mixture then sprinkle with green. Asian-style sloppy joes made with hoisin sauce, barbecue sauce and coleslaw mix are a nice change from the ordinary! —Mike Tchou, Pepper Pike, Ohio Moo Shu Sloppy Joes Recipe photo by Taste of Home Asian Sloppy Joes.
Hoisin Sloppy Joe step by step
- Dice onions celery and peppers. Mince garlic and scallions.
- Chop bacon and render.
- Once fat render add onions, celery and peppers. Cook until tender (5 mins) Add garlic and scallions cook for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Cook ground beef until brown.
- Once brown add all ingredients. Add brown sugar stir. Add hoisin sauce and bbq sauce. Stir and let simmer..
Ground chicken smothered in hoisin sauce, ketchup and lots of fresh ginger and garlic! These Asian Style Sloppy Joe Sandwiches are the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight meal. Hoisin Peanut Sloppy Joes With Asian Slaw One thing that a classic sloppy joe is missing is texture. Skip the mush and add a crunchy slaw and peanuts on top of this Asian-inspired twist. (via Cooking for Keeps) Slow Cooker Chicken Sloppy Joe Sliders These Asian Sloppy Joes surely help. Hamburgers stuffed with delicious mix of ground pork, ketchup, hoisin, soy sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar, and a creamy layer of shredded cabbage, mayonnaise and lime juice.