Sloppy Joes. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the green peppers and onions. Add butter to a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add onions, green pepper, and garlic. This is the perfect basic sloppy joes recipe. I won't be buying the canned stuff anymore. You can cook Sloppy Joes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joes
- You need 1 lb. of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 Cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Mustard.
Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops. Serve with your favorite sides or sliced tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper,. Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Sloppy Joes instructions
- In large saucepan, brown beef over medium heat. Drain..
- Stir in ketchup, water l, brown sugar worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder,onion powder, and salt..
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Sloppy Joes Sandwiches You'll love this quick, easy and economical dish. Brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness, both for traditional sandwiches on buns or as a down-home topping for rice, biscuits or baked potatoes. —Laurie Hauser, Rochester, New York Directions In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. There are many origin stories of the sloppy joe.