Low Carb Sloppy Joe. Discover what to eat to lose fat & get healthy without dropping favorite foods. Yes, these easy low carb sloppy joes are keto. Traditional recipes are made with lots of ketchup and sugar, and are definitely not keto.
Make sure to break the beef up into tiny pieces, start it in a cold pan for the best results. Add the sauce ingredients, stir, and cover. Roll up your sleeves for this aptly named meal! You can have Low Carb Sloppy Joe using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Sloppy Joe
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced Green Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic minced or pressed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 2 Tbls of Brown Sugar Substitute.
- You need 1 Tbls of Yellow Mustard.
- It’s 2 Tbls of Red Wine Vingar.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of Worchester Sauce.
- It’s 1 Cup of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper each.
This fun low-carb dish has all the succulent flavor of the traditional version, but with none of the gluten and added sugars. Here is a Sloppy Joe recipe that I changed to make it Low Carb for us Low Carbers. I always make a double batch of the Keto Sloppy Joes meat, then portion and freeze half for quick and easy meals. Drain excess liquid from the skillet (don't skip, or it will turn out runny) Mix in the ketchup, mustard, Swerve, pepper and garlic powder.
Low Carb Sloppy Joe step by step
- Cook green pepper and onion first then add beef..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15 – 20 minutes and let simmer..
Whether a sloppy joe recipe fits for THM S (or low carb) or THM E (low fat, healthy carbs) depends on the meat and the bread. For a THM S recipe, use any ground beef. We're not concerned about how much fat is in our S meals (though moderation is always good 😉). How to Make Low Carb Sloppy Joes in the Instant Pot Spray the Instant Pot bowl with non-stick spray and add some ground beef. Turn the Instant Pot to the Sauté function, and cook until the meat is browned all over – stirring regularly.