Simple Sloppy Joe Toppings on Toast (sandwich). Flip the beef over and brown the other side. Add the garlic and onion to the beef in the pan. Add the ketchup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar to the pan.
It's a marriage made in sandwich heaven: a sloppy joe and a Philly cheesesteak. Get the recipe from Dessert Now, Dinner Later. Remove sloppy joe mixture from the heat and spoon evenly onto your garlic toast. You can cook Simple Sloppy Joe Toppings on Toast (sandwich) using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Sloppy Joe Toppings on Toast (sandwich)
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking/olive oil.
- You need of beef/chicken mince (approximately 750g).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped finely.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, chopped finely.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper/capsicum, chopped finely.
- You need of [Sauce].
- It’s 2 tbsp of mild (American) mustard, other types OK too.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need to taste of salt, sugar, pepper.
- It’s of [To Cook].
- You need 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 sprigs of spring onion, chopped finely.
- Prepare of [To Serve].
- Prepare 2 of small fresh tomatoes, sliced.
- You need of Buttered toast.
Top the sloppy joe mixture with sliced pickles and cheese. Category: Main Course, Snack Sloppy joes are excellent for sparking your creativity! Stir in chopped tomatoes, peppers, onions, green chilies or chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. You can even top the filling with pickles or a slice of melted cheese.
Simple Sloppy Joe Toppings on Toast (sandwich) step by step
- HEAT oil in pot (slow cooker) and ADD onion and garlic. Cook until slightly fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, MIX all sauces, salt, sugar, pepper to taste.
- ADD mince into the mix, then TOPPED with celery, bell pepper and sauces; cook (in slow cooker) for approximately 45 minutes on fast cook on the cooker; over stove, 15 to 20 minutes will do.
- 10 minutes before finishing, add cheddar cheese and spring onions, stir.
- Serve with toast, freshly sliced tomatoes, scrambled eggs, sunny side ups, sausages, bacon or anything else you have with you.
To really ramp up your sloppy joe game, check out these unique sloppy joe recipes or any of these quick sloppy joe recipes. Add butter to a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until brown. Drain most of the fat and discard. Add onions, green pepper, and garlic.