Portobello Pizza. Portobello Pizzas Portobello mushroom caps are the creative "crust" in this upscale spin on pizza. Dress the mushroom caps with liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place mushrooms on baking sheet and toss with with oil, salt, and pepper.
Wash and dry the Portobello mushrooms. Pre-heat the oven to grill settings on high heat. Line a baking tray with baking paper. You can cook Portobello Pizza using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Portobello Pizza
- Prepare 4 of large portobello mushrooms, stems removed.
- You need 2 T of olive oil, extra for sauteing onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 C of purple onion, diced small.
- You need 6 tsp of Italian seasoning, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 C of pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 C of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Prepare slices of Pepperoni, cut to small.
- It’s 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced thin.
- Prepare to taste of S&P,.
- Prepare to taste of Crushed red pepper flakes,.
Combine the olive oil, garlic and half a teaspoon of the mixed herbs together in a small bowl. Portobello Pizzas have ALL the flavours of a GOOD pizza…without the guilt! Flip mushrooms over so that the cap is facedown in the basket. Originally a small pizzeria, we have expanded our dining room along with our menu, to include delectable specialty pasta, meat seafood entrées.
Portobello Pizza step by step
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium and saute the onion. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to broil/ grill settings on high. Arrange oven shelf to middle of your oven. Combine the 2T oil, garlic and 4 tsp of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottom of each mushroom with the garlic oil mix and place each mushroom, oil side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Put a little of sauteed onions in the mushroom. S&P. Put 2T (eyeball it) of pizza sauce over the onion, 1/4C of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce and pepperoni and tomato on top of cheese..
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and broil for 6-8 minutes or until cheese has melted. To serve, sprinkle with some of the remaining seasoning..
- I cooked mine 8 minutes and it nearly burned my pepperoni, so keep your eye on these!.
Then remove the mushroom caps from the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place portobello caps open-side up on the sheet. Fill the caps with about ¼ cup of tomato sauce each. Preheat the grill to high heat.