'Sloppy Joes'. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the green peppers and onions. Add ground beef and cook until brown.
This is the perfect basic sloppy joes recipe. I won't be buying the canned stuff anymore. Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning. You can cook 'Sloppy Joes' using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 'Sloppy Joes'
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1/2 kg of Chicken mince.
- It’s 1 of medium onion 1 sliced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper 1 sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chopped garlic.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mustard paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Hot sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Freshly ground black pepper.
Add sugar and spice mixture to the skillet and combine. When the meat has browned, add onion and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
'Sloppy Joes' step by step
- Add butter to a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken mince and cook until brown till excess water is dried out..
- Add onions, green pepper, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, or until vegetables are soft..
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, mustard paste, chilli flakes, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, hot sauce and water. Stir to combine and simmer for 15 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed..
- Spread burger buns with butter and toast them. Spoon.
- Put the chicken mince mixture over the buns,top with cheese and serve..
Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Sloppy Joes Sandwiches You'll love this quick, easy and economical dish. Brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness, both for traditional sandwiches on buns or as a down-home topping for rice, biscuits or baked potatoes. —Laurie Hauser, Rochester, New York Directions In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Sloppy Joes take me back to the good old days of summer vacations.