Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake. Chocolate cake is a cake flavoured with melted chocolate or cocoa powder. Arabella Figg once gave Harry Potter a piece of chocolate cake that tasted like she had it for several years. Rubeus Hagrid baked a large, sticky chocolate cake with " Happy Birthday Harry " written in icing for Harry 's eleventh birthday.
Well, not this cake exactly, as I didn't know what I had in mind. Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. You can cook Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of espresso powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk, buttermilk, almond, or coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable, canola oil, or melted coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of boiling water.
- It’s of Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe.
Here's the famous Hagrid Harry Potter cake that's pink with green frosting. A pretty simple one bowl recipe. (via Diamonds for Dessert) Recipe type: Chocolate cake with vanilla and chocolate frosting; Skill level: Beginner Stir the frosting and wait for it to cool. Take the chocolate mixture bowl out of the ice bath and whip until it is fluffy. Bring your two cooked layers of cake out and spread the whipped icing on top of one of the layers.
Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring..
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well..
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined..
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely..
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting..
Place the other cake layer firmly on top on the iced one. Put the cake in the fridge while you prepare the last step. See more ideas about harry potter theme, harry potter cake, harry potter birthday cake. Of course, planning a party is already a challenge in and of itself, so we're here to provide you with a few ideas to get things going. Location_Details}} From Butterbeer cake (yes, really!) to Polyjuice potion jelly, only a true Harry Potter fan will appreciate these mind-boggling HP-themed snacks.