Alfredo Sauce. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. What is Alfredo Sauce Named for an Italian restaurateur, the original version of Fettuccine Alfredo was simply fresh pasta tossed with butter and cheese. (If you want to recreate Alfredo Di Lelio's iconic dish, try this recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo III.) In a saucepan or skillet, warm the butter and cream. Add the Parmesan and stir until melted.
After about two minutes, when the mixture is foamy and bubbling, add your liquid of choice to create a white sauce. You can use one cup of regular milk, half-and-half or a mixture of chicken stock and heavy cream. Add Parmesan cheese and warm until cheese melts. You can cook Alfredo Sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Alfredo Sauce
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Butter.
- You need 4 of large cloves Garlic, pressed or minced.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of plus 1 teaspoon flour.
- You need 2 Cups of Half n Half.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh chopped Basil (OR) 1/4 Cup fresh chopped Parsley.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Alfredo Sauce Tips Can I use milk instead of cream for Alfredo sauce? Yes, you can use milk instead of cream! After the garlic has been added to the saucepan, stir in ¼ cup flour.
Alfredo Sauce instructions
- Saute garlic for 1 minute in butter over medium high heat..
- Stir in flour for 1 minute more, stirring constantly..
- Add Half n Half and which until evenly mixed together..
- Cook until mixture reaches a simmer. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer until mixture thickens. (Approx. 2 min.).
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and seasoning. Whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth..
- (Add parsley OR Basil at this point if you're going to.).
- Serve with your favorite pasta!.
His hallmark dish, fettuccine Alfredo, combined hot fettuccine with a rich sauce made of butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese, and generous grindings of pepper. Classic Alfredo Sauce is a simple but elegant creamy, white sauce that is commonly known to lay over pasta noodles. It is made from butter, a type of cream and parmesan cheese. Adding seasonings and cream cheese for a thickener I like to blend a rich, creamy sauce together that is simple and irresistible. By contrast to its Italian-style origins, in which the sauce was created in Rome with just butter and cheese (more similar to my cacio e pepe recipe), American-style Alfredo sauce is famously a bit more indulgent and complex.