Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodle Cookies. Find Deals on Amish Cookies in Snack Food on Amazon. Like most of our other Amish Friendship Bread cookie recipes, these freeze well, too, and are perfect edible holiday or hostess gifts. Place onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly with slotted spatula.
Friendship Bread Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Mix starter, peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and beat well. You can cook Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodle Cookies using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodle Cookies
- You need 1 cup of Amish Friendship Bread starter (recipe below).
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 4 cup of flour (I substituted 1/4 of this with white whole wheat flour).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar (for rolling).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cinnamon (for rolling).
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and oats in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, cream starter, butter, shortening, and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then mashed banana and vanilla.
Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodle Cookies instructions
- Mix wet ingredients in bowl..
- Mix dry ingredients in smaller bowl..
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together..
- Roll dough into about 1 inch balls and roll in reserved sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly with slotted spatula..
- Cook for ten minutes(soft cookie) or 1-2 minutes longer for crispy cookie at 375°F oven..
- RECIPE FOR AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER: Use prepared starter for this recipe on day ten. (Basic starter takes 10 Days to make). 1 cup sugar 1 cup flour 1 cup milk. Place into gallon size ziplock. Days 1-5 squoosh in bag once daily. "Feed" with one cup sugar, one cup flour, one cup milk on day five. Days 5-10 continue squooshing bag once daily. On day ten, add another one cup sugar, flour, sugar. Divide equally into four portions. Use one for recipe, give the other three away to friends with directions for continuing starter process, or use for other recipes. Unused starter can be frozen for later use..
Here it is, the one and only original Amish Friendship Bread. But I've got to say the original recipe (with raisins and nuts and all that cinnamon-sugar glory) is in first place. Mix thoroughly or flour will lump when milk is added. Cover loosely and let stand until bubbly. I grew up with banana bread and an amish friendship bread my mother would make.