Homemade Alfredo Sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan or skillet over medium low heat. In a saucepan or skillet, warm the butter and cream. Add the Parmesan and stir until melted.
Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. How to Make a Healthy Alfredo Sauce For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour. You can cook Homemade Alfredo Sauce using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 4 oz. of block style cream cheese.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each garlic powder, onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
After about two minutes, when the mixture is foamy and bubbling, add your liquid of choice to create a white sauce. How do you thicken Alfredo sauce? When making this homemade pasta sauce, it is usually thickened during the cooking process by the heavy cream and cheese. Allowing the cream to come to a boil allows the water content to evaporate, leaving a thicker mixture.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce instructions
- Cut the butter and cream cheese into smaller pieces. Place them both along with the heavy cream in a large, deep skillet over medium heat..
- Stir often until the cream cheese and butter are both melted and incorporated. Then stir in the garlic, seasonings and parmesan cheese..
- Once the sauce is smooth, allow it to simmer for 5 or so minutes, until it thickens. Then remove it from the heat and immediately serve in whatever way you'd like..
- Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo –>.
If it is a thinner Alfredo and needs additional thickening, try adding a roux. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the flour and garlic salt into the melted butter until the mixture is smooth. Slowly beat the half and half into the sauce until completely incorporated. Stir the garlic, parsley, and Parmesan cheese into the sauce, whisking continually.