Red Thai Curry Chicken. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Heat the oil in a wide, preferably non-stick, pan set over a medium-high heat.
Add the rest of the paste ingredients to the pestle. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion. Next, spread the curry paste over the surface of each portion and rub that in well too. You can cook Red Thai Curry Chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Thai Curry Chicken
- Prepare 1 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
- You need 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Red Curry Paste.
- You need 3 each of Lime Leaves or 1 TBsp of lime rind.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cilantro.
- You need 1/4 cup of Hot water.
Cover with clingfilm and leave on one side in a cool place for the chicken to soak up all the flavours. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, stir a little and wait for the oil to rise to the surface. Pour the curry sauce over chicken. Add chopped eggplant (if using), plus makrut lime leaves/bay leaf and cinnamon stick, mixing everything into the sauce.
Red Thai Curry Chicken instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and fry with a little salt and pepper until browned, set aside in a bowl. Fry the curry paste until you can smell it….about a minute or so on medium high heat..
- Reduce the heat to medium and slowly add the coconut milk, stirring constantly..
- Add the Tamarind Paste and lime leaves (or rind). Continue cooking until you can see some red coloured oil emerging on the surface. Stir in the water and taste, if too salty you can add a bit more water..
- Add the chicken, fish sauce and most of the cilantro, saving some cilantro for garnish. Simmer for 15-30 minutes with a lid on the frypan..
- Serve over rice with some chopped cilantro on top as a garnish..
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Mix in the curry paste, courgette, pepper, carrot and onion. Cook and stir for a few minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass paste and crumbled stock cube and stir together to coat the chicken. Add the curry paste and stir together.