Perfect Hollandaise. PERFECT HOLLANDAISE SAUCE Start by separating the eggs – you'll need two eggs. Crack the egg on the edge of a bowl and pass the yolk between the eggshell halves, letting the white fall into the bowl below. Place the yolks into a separate bowl.
But modernist technique goes a long way with this mother sauce: Sous vide cooking allows for convenient temperature control (and thus avoidance of overheating and breaking). Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume. Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely. You can have Perfect Hollandaise using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Perfect Hollandaise
- You need 3 of Egg Yolks.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 Pinch of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Butter , unsalted.
Melt butter and make sure it is just warm, not hot. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with lemon juice and spices until smooth. Put the bowl with the egg yolks on top of a small pan of boiling water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water, or in a double boiler. Whisk the egg yolks constantly while slowly adding the melted butter.
Perfect Hollandaise step by step
- Place eggs yolks, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp lemon juice in the blender..
- Cut the butter into pieces and place in a small sauce pan, heating until it is foamy..
- Place the lid on the blender, minus the insert, leaving the opening uncovered. Blend for 4-5 seconds on high speed..
- Carefully start pouring the hot melted butter in a thin stream. BE CAREFUL ITS HOT!!.
- Continue to pour the butter into the pan, leaving the milky fat solids in the pan, by the time you have poured in 2/3 -3/4 of the butter it will tun into a thick creamy sauce..
- Taste the sauce and adjust the lemon juice and seasonings, transfer into a bowl and set this bowl into a larger bowl of lukewarm water if not serving immediately.
Hollandaise is, I think, the single greatest thing a spear of asparagus can aspire to, yet the path to perfection is fraught with danger for the cook. British asparagus deserves better than curdled. The easiest way to get perfect Hollandaise sauce is to use a blender. This recipe has all the same ingredients as the classic, but no double boiler and no chance of the sauce separating. I love the lemony flavor on fresh steamed asparagus!