Chicken enchiladas with green chili sauce or red sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until mixture begins to boil. Slowly add broth, stirring with a whisk until thickened.
Stir in the tomato sauce and water. A common pairing is a red enchilada sauce with ground beef enchiladas and a green enchilada sauce with chicken enchiladas, but honestly, it all comes down to preference. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas – this super easy chicken enchilada recipe is loaded with chicken, cheese and topped with a green chile sauce! You can have Chicken enchiladas with green chili sauce or red sauce using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken enchiladas with green chili sauce or red sauce
- It’s of For twenty -five chicken enchiladas.
- Prepare 8 pcs. of Chicken breast or thigh.
- It’s 25 of – tortillas.
- Prepare 1/2 head of garlic.
- You need of I large onion.
- It’s 4 lbs of cheese (pepper jack, cheddar cheese).
- It’s 2 1/2 of large can of green enchilada sauce.
- You need of green onion finely chopped.
When I was growing up we had Mexican food every Sunday night. Sometimes it was tacos, or burritos, but often times it was chicken enchiladas. In a small skillet, bring enchilada sauce to boil. First, instead of boiling your chicken cook it in a little lemon juice with onion, green onion and a few extra spices-chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprike.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili sauce or red sauce step by step
- Place Chicken in large pot with onion, garlic.
- Boil chicken until done..
- Let Chicken cool and then shred chicken..
- Mix chicken with 1/2 can of,green enchiladas sauce..
- Prepare tortilla by lightly fried tortillas..
- Pour remaining sauce in large skillet and simmer..
- This part can be messy. Dip tortilla in sauce cover the whole tortilla..
- Fill with chicken and pinch of cheese. And roll enchilada.
- Place enchilada in a large pan. Cover,with remaining sauce..
- Add remaining cheese and green onion for garnish..
Then, when your filling your tortillas use about a spoonfull of suace to each one. The las palmas sauce is just about the best thing, next to making your own suace. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish. Most green enchilada sauces use green chilis, which includes jalapenos and serrano, tipping off the spicy scale. As with any color chili, green sauces range from mild to hot.