Creamed Corn. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
It is often sold in cans, and what is so special about it is the creamy texture. Cook corn according to package directions; I use the microwave. Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour and blend well. You can cook Creamed Corn using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamed Corn
- You need 4 cups of Corn (frozen or canned, drained).
- Prepare 1 cup of Heavy cream.
- You need 1.5 Tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Grated Parmesan.
Cook over medium heat until thickened. In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter. Whisk together the milk and flour, and stir into the corn mixture. Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through.
Creamed Corn step by step
- Add first 5 ingredients to pot over of medium heat. Heat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine milk and cornstarch. Add to pot and stir until thickened..
- Add Parmesan, mix and serve.
Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Creamed corn is made by combining pieces of whole sweetcorn with the starchy, milky residue from pulped corn kernels scraped from the cob. It is commonly eaten in the Midwest and Southern states when corn is in season or around the holidays. Easy Creamed Corn Ingredients In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the cream cheese and milk and bring to a boil.