Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza. Sausage making is an outcome of efficient butchery. Traditionally, sausage makers salted various tissues and organs such as scraps, organ meats, blood, and fat to help preserve them. They then stuffed them into tubular casings made from the cleaned intestines of the animal, producing the characteristic cylindrical shape.
Cook up classic and creative dishes, like stew, jambalaya, Spanish-style noodles and more with. Seafood sausage is a great, underrated way to take less than thrilling seafood, like some sleepy sole, and previously frozen salmon, and make something that seems far more special. The flavor is lovely, and the texture is similar to a boudin blanc, or white hot dog, if you prefer. You can cook Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza
- Prepare of (makes 2 pizzas).
- It’s of For large 20" pizza pan(s).
- It’s 5 cups of All-purpose Flower.
- You need 1 Tbsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Corn meal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of warm water (105°F to 115°F).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Toppings Ingredients (double ingredients if making 2 pizzas).
- You need 2 cup of pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of diced Tomatoes from a can (well drained).
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Minced Onion Sprinkles.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped Black Olives.
- You need 3 cups of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of Mild Chedder Cheese.
- You need 1 package of Pepperonis.
- Prepare 2 cups of pre cooked sausage (chopped fine).
- You need 2 cups of Mushrooms (chopped).
The meat product can be cooked several different ways, including grilling, pan-frying, roasting, and boiling. Some sausages don't require any cooking at all. This is a list of notable sausages. Sausage is a food usually made from ground meat with a skin around it.
Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza instructions
- Pre cook sausage and set aside.
- Using a KitchenAid Mixer, add flower, salt, sugar, corn meal and dry yeast and mix dry on #2 setting for 1 minute..
- Add Olive Oil and then slowly add warmed water to the dry ingredients and knead the dough on #2 setting for 5 minutes..
- Remove dough and knead by hand an additional 3 minutes. Dough should be a dry rubbery consistency (add 1 Tbsp of flower during mixing if to wet or add 1 Tbsp water during mixing if to dry).
- Break dough into 2 halves and roll into balls, then place in warm bowl to rise for 2 hours..
- Over a thin layer of flower, use a roller pen to roll dough flat and round to fit your pan. Place rolled dough in a hot pan coated with a layer of olive oil and poke holes in the dough with a fork..
- Sprinkle garlic powder and dry minced onion onto the pizza and add pizza sauce, sausage, olives, mushrooms. Sprinkle salt to taste then add cheese and Pepperonis..
- Place in oven and bake at 500° for ten to twelve minutes or until crust edges turn golden brown. Then serve hot..
Typically, a sausage is formed in a casing traditionally made from intestine, but sometimes synthetic. Some sausages are cooked during processing and the casing may be removed after. Sausage making is a traditional food preservation technique. Pork chops, your choice of poultry sausage and tangy sauerkraut round it all out. Get the Recipe: Sausage and Kraut Spanish-Style Noodles with Chicken and Sausage.