Red Chile Flank Steak. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Order Restaurant Quality Meat From The Comfort Of Your Own Home.
Bring enchilada sauce and lime juice to a boil. Use to baste steak while on the grill as well as while resting before slicing. For great sear marks, place the steaks at an angle to the bars of the cooking grates. You can cook Red Chile Flank Steak using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Chile Flank Steak
- You need 3/4 lb of flank steak.
- You need 1 t of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 t of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 t of smoked cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 t of ancho chile powder.
- You need 10 oz of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- It’s as needed of vegetable oil.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Preheat a grill or grill pan on high. Place the flank steak in a roasting pan and pour the pureed chile sauce. MIXred chili paste, oil, peppercorns, cumin seed and sea salt in small bowl. Coat steak evenly on both sides with mixture.
Red Chile Flank Steak instructions
- Marinate steak in half the enchilada sauce for 4-48 hours. Transfer unused half of sauce from can to another container..
- Bring enchilada sauce and lime juice to a boil. Use to baste steak while on the grill as well as while resting before slicing..
- Pat steak dry. Rub with enough oil to coat. Season. Grill over high heat for 3-4 minutes per side to get a nice char, or cook until desired doneness..
- Remove steak from grill and transfer to a cutting board to let rest 5 minutes before slicing very thin against the grain..
- Variations; Paprika, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, Mexican oregano, coriander seed, cayenne, cumin, thyme, coconut milk, bitter chocolate, liquid smoke, curry, ginger, lemon zest, marjoram, red onion, soy sauce, tomato, tamarind, turmeric, sherry, red wine vinegar, mango, kiwi, roasted apricot puree, agave, honey, ground jalapeño powder, scallions, chives, beer, tequila, adobo, mole, mojo crillo, strawberries, chipotle, chili powder, crushed pineapple, coconut milk, ginger, guava, orange, papaya, apple cider vinegar, pomegranate, raspberries, rosemary,.
Arrange the meat on a platter. Place steak on the grill and basil on top of steak. Remove basil, turn meat over, and place basil back on top of steak. Squeeze the zested lime over the steak and use the lime. Season steak with salt and pepper.