Roasted Habanero Passion Fruit Hot Sauce. Roasting times depend on your oven so pay close attention. With my love for peppersauce (hot sauce) I'm always challenging myself to find different flavors to compliment the scorching heat of our beloved Scotch Bonnet Peppers, to add balance, depth and a unique finish. While this peppersauce is fiery, the fruity undertones of the passion fruit makes it very tasty and bearable for those of you who are not into pure heat!
Maracuyas or passion fruits remind me so much of home. Hot Sauce Depot's Roasted Habanero & Garlic Crushed Pepper Sauce combines roasted habanero peppers, roasted garlic, apple vinegar, passion fruit juice, and lemon juice for a flavor experience that you have never before blessed your taste buds with. While we were busy celebrating Sriracha Week, we noticed that people who like hot sauce really like hot sauce. You can have Roasted Habanero Passion Fruit Hot Sauce using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Habanero Passion Fruit Hot Sauce
- It’s 2 of Roasted Habanero Peppers.
- Prepare 1 of Roasted Anaheim Pepper.
- It’s 5 of Roasted Thai Peppers.
- It’s 5 Cloves of Roasted Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Roasted Carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion Rough Chopped.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Cider Vinegar.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Grapefruit Juice.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Passion Fruit Juice.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Orange Juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika.
As in, they carry it in their purse and slather it over anything and everything. If we pretty much just described your life, you might be getting sick of the hot sauce you always buy. Okay, now you blend the sauce a final time to mix it all in, then pour your freshly minted smoky homemade hot pepper sauce into Mason jars for canning. At this point you can either throw your hot sauce in the fridge (it will keep for a long time that way, thanks to the vinegar) or you can go ahead and can it.
Roasted Habanero Passion Fruit Hot Sauce step by step
- Roast the fresh habanero, Anaheim, and time peppers along with the garlic and carrots in the toprack of an oven broiler preheated to 500 degrees for 5-20 minutes. Roasting times depend on your oven so pay close attention. Turn the peppers, garlic, and carrots to evenly roast each side..
- While the peppers and aromatics are roasting combine the vinegar and water and set aside for later..
- Also combine the grapefruit juice, passion fruit juice, and orange juice and set aside for later..
- Remove peppers and aromatics from the broiler. Rough chop the peppers, peel the garlic, and combine with onion in the bowl of a food processor. Process for roughly 30 seconds, then scrape the walls of the bowl and process again for another 10 seconds..
- Slowly add the vinegar and water to the food processor pulsing occasionally to mix. When all water and vinegar is added pulse for 5 seconds to blend..
- Transfer mixture to a non reactive saucepan and add the salt, ginger, and paprika stirring to combine. Heat on medium-high heat to simmer. Once it begins to bubble reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- After 15 minutes slowly add the grapefruit and passion fruit mixture while stirring to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes..
- Once enough to handle use a mesh strainer to separate the liquid from the pulp. You will have to push into the mesh to get the most amount of liquid out of it. When finished you may discard the pulp or use it for a fresh spicy kick in salsa or pasta sauce..
- Once strained the sauce may be jarred and kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or canned and stored for longer..
Loaded with real fruits this tropical and fiery hot sauce will enhance the flavors of your favorite dishes! the passion fruit combine with the habaneros peppers will add and great balance in any savory meal. Dedicated subreddit for all varieties of hot sauce recipes. FLAMIN' FIESTA FLAVOR: This premium habanero salsa is made with fresh fire roasted green chilies, habanero peppers, rich tomatoes, garlic, onions, and a bite of Mexican tequila for that extra kick. For those who love chunky, this salsa is just for you! Just dive right in and savor the bold, delicious flavor of our fire roasted salsa.