Pistachio Spice Crusted Cod. With machine running, add oil in a steady stream; blend until mixture is finely chopped. Transfer them pistachio crusted-side up onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the fish is opaque and flakes.
Drizzle with the olive oil and toss with a fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened. If using fillets with tapered ends, loosely fold the ends under to create a fillet of even thickness. Thick cut cod filets are coated in an egg Dijon mixture and dusted with a pistachio Panko crust and baked until flaky and luscious. You can cook Pistachio Spice Crusted Cod using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pistachio Spice Crusted Cod
- It’s 2 lb of fresh skinless cod fillet.
- Prepare of WASABI LEMON MAYONNAISE.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp of Wasabi paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's brand.
- Prepare of PISTACHIO SPICE COATING.
- You need 1/2 cup of salted roasted pistachios.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of romano cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sriracha seasoning dry spice blend.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of ACCOMPANIMENTS.
- You need of Lemon butter.
- Prepare of roasted pinapple habanero dip/salsa, pictured in direction step #7.
That's literally all it takes to make the best fish in all of life. See, there I go again making dramatic statements regarding a recipe. But the fact is… it's a fact. Pistachio-Crusted Cod Pistachios are a notable nut.
Pistachio Spice Crusted Cod step by step
- Heat grill to medium high or preheat oven to 425. Spray grill grates with non stick spray right before grilling , if grilling. If oven roasting , line a baking pan with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Combine all Pistachio Spice Coating ingredients in a food processor or blender until it becomes a spice blend texture.
- Mix Wasabi mayonnaise ingredients well in a bowl to combine.
- Coat cod with Wasabi mayonnaise.
- Then cover mayonnaise coated fish with Pistachio Spice mix , covering entire fillet well.
- Grill about 5 minutes per side on direct heat or oven roast about 10 to 15 minutes in the oven without turning, keep in mind the timing depends on the thickness of your fillets. Mine was 1 inch thick. The fish should have juicy moist flakes when ut.t.
- Serve with lemon butter and roasted pinapple and haanero dip/salsa, pictured below.
They contain antioxidants, fiber, protein, potassium, and good-for-you fats. In this recipe, I love the bright color, crunchy texture, and deep flavor they add to this dish. Place cod on the baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, mustard, and lemon zest. Combine the pistachios, bread crumbs, parsley, pepper and salt in another shallow bowl.