Mike's Cheaters Chilli. Top with tortilla strips, shredded cheese, sour cream, plain yogurt, and/or green onions. Could also be served over tortilla chips for a great nacho dish. Our Mom's Cheater Chili recipe makes cooking a pot of homemade chili simple and fast.
It's my dad's very favorite meal on cool autumn evenings. The Seattle area gets its due with Lomi Lomi Salmon from Bobby's Hawaiian Style Restaurant in Everett, the Hobo from Voula's Offshore Cafe, and the chili from Mike's Chili Parlor. This is the quickest and easiest chili recipe you will find! You can have Mike's Cheaters Chilli using 30 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Cheaters Chilli
- It’s of The Basics & Starters.
- It’s 1 box (4 oz) of Chili Starter Kit [1 Alarm To 5 Alarm].
- Prepare 3 can of Pinto Beans [15 oz each-drained].
- Prepare 1 can of Light Red Kidney Beans [29 oz-drained].
- It’s 1 box of Beef Broth [32 oz-you may not need all-use to thin chili].
- Prepare 1 can of Diced Tomatoes [14.5 oz].
- You need 1 of large White Onion [chopped].
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- It’s of Meat Options [Fry 2 Pounds Total Or Less].
- Prepare 1 of Ground Hamburger Meat.
- You need 1 of Ground Sausage.
- Prepare of Fresh Vegetable Options [Add To Taste Or Preference].
- It’s 1 of Fresh Tomatoes – Fresh Garlic – Fresh Cilantro – Green Or Red Bell Peppers.
- It’s of Additional Spice & Flavor Options [Add 1/4 tsp At A Time – Stir – Taste].
- Prepare 1 of Oregano – Onion Powder – Cumin – Rosemary – Salt – Worcestershire Sauce – Black Pepper – Tabasco.
- It’s of Additional Chile & Pepper Options [Add To Taste Or Preference].
- It’s 1 of Anaheim Chiles – Jalapeños – Poblano Chiles [roasted & peeled] – Habaneros – Black Pepper – Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Additional Tomato Options [Add To Taste Or Preference].
- It’s 1 of Tomato Sauce – Tomato Paste – Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
- It’s of Thinner Options [Add To Taste Or Preference].
- It’s 1 of Quality Beer Or Water.
- You need of Additional Sugars [Add To Taste Or Preference 1 tsp At A Time – Stir – Taste].
- It’s 1 of Brown Or White Sugar.
- Prepare of Chili Bowl Toppers [Add To Taste Or Preference].
- You need 1 of Grated Cheddar Cheese – Purple & White Onions – Cilantro – Sour Cream – Jalapeños – Tabasco Or Other Hot Sauces.
- It’s of Chili Bowl Dippers & Sides.
- You need 1 of Fresh Regular Or Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread – Croutons – Fresh Bread.
- Prepare of Antacids [add only if there's a heavy acidic or metallic taste to your chili].
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda [Add 1/4 tsp At A Time – Stir – Taste].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fine Shaved Carrots [add 35 minutes prior to serving].
Start by browning your ground beef. We're the oldest, and best little chili house, located in Ballard, Washington. I admit, I've been cheating several times adding beans and/or tomatoes. And it's a revelation, your recipe makes it easy to understand what chili con carne really is: meat and chili peppers (and barely anything else).
Mike's Cheaters Chilli instructions
- Add everything in, "The Basics & Starters," section in a thick bottom pot and simmer until cooked, about an hour. This will actually create a tasty, basic chili recipe on its own without any additions. °Authors Note: Purchase brands like [best] Tabasco Chili Starter, Caroll & Shelbys Or Wick Foweler's Chili Starter Kits. You can add the Masa packets included in most brand boxed kits to thicken your chili but I personally wouldn't. It tends to leave a dusty aftertaste..
- Before cooking, decide if you'd enjoy any one of the other items listed in the additional meats, spices or fresh ingredients sections and add them to your pot as well..
- Authors Note: If you choose to add meat, fry the meat and drain it first before adding it to your chili. Fry and add meat at the beginning of your boil..
- Authors Note: If you do decide on adding several other ingredients to your chili, you'll DEFINITELY need to add additional chili powder to taste. Start with 1 tablespoon to your simmer, mix, taste, then add additional chili powder 1 teaspoon at a time until you've reached an acceptable level. Do the same with your Baking Soda [only if your chili has a metallic aftertaste] but 1/4 teaspoon by 1/4 teaspoon..
This sumptuous and rich sauce does it all. Thanks for this discovery Mike and I really liked your video. Check Mike's Chili Tavern in Seattle.great chili and more! Fun episode of Food Paradise.no other bowls touch these!!!! Chili with beans, chili without beans, chili with pasta, chili without pasta, chili fries, chili dogs, chili burgers, and add on some classic toppings like cheese, sour cream, onions, or jalapenos.