Yellow Split Pea Soup. Put the onion in a large non stick saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in the split peas, then the seasonings, hot sauce and the broth. Drain the peas and bring to the boil in a pan of salted water.
It's perfect for serving on a cold winter night! Directions Melt butter over medium-low heat in a large stockpot or Dutch oven. Soup should nourish and warm you in the chilly months. You can have Yellow Split Pea Soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yellow Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1/3 cup of yellow split peas.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of cm cubed piece of fresh ginger, finely sliced and chopped.
- You need 1 medium of carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of Swiss vegetable bouillon powder.
- You need 1 pinch of chaat masala.
Bowls of yellow split peas, garnished with yogurt or sour cream, a sprinkle of cilantro, and pepitas for salty crunch, fill the belly in the most pleasant way. EDITOR'S NOTE: If you're having trouble with split peas that don't seem to soften despite hours of simmering. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Put a lid on the pan, leaving it slightly.
Yellow Split Pea Soup instructions
- Rinse the yellow split peas in a sieve and allow to drain.
- Put everything except the chaat masala in a small pot.
- Stir to mix in the bouillon a little bit.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for 25-30 minutes.
- You may need to add a little more water, but only if it looks really dry.
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender or in a blender jug (please be careful blending hot liquids!).
- Serve in a bowl with the chaat masala sprinkled on top.
It is a soup made from yellow split peas. It is very easy to make with few ingredients and lots of flavour. In a large stockpot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent. Stir in yellow and green split peas, stock and bay leaf; season to taste.