Mongolian Beef for Two. You can set aside the first batch on the plate with the veg while you stir fry the second. When all the meat is cooked, put it all back in your wok or pan, and add the onions. This is a quick and easy to prepare slow cooker recipe of Mongolian Beef for two.
Serve it over a bed of fluffy rice. Heat a wok over high heat until very hot, and pour in the peanut oil. SAUCE: Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl with a whisk or in a mason jar with a lid. You can cook Mongolian Beef for Two using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mongolian Beef for Two
- You need 1 pound of skirt steak, sliced into roughly 1/4" thick pieces on an angle.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of corn starch.
- You need 1.5 Tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1-2 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like things.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of chili garlic paste (sriracha works in a pinch).
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of vinegar.
- You need of oil.
- You need 1/2 of a medium onion, sliced into 1/4" thick slices.
- You need 2 of green onions, cut into 1.5" segments.
- It’s of If you're going to have this with rice & need to make a fresh batch, best to get the rice going before the beef.
What kind of beef is used for Mongolian beef? Most Mongolian beef recipes use flank steak. This can be thinly sliced about ¼ inch thick. When you combine the cornstarch with the beef, this gives it the distinct crunch on the outside and tender inside.
Mongolian Beef for Two step by step
- In a medium to large bowl, mix the beef, corn starch, oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, chili garlic paste, and vinegar together, making sure to thoroughly and evenly distribute the seasonings throughout the meat. (I prefer clean hands for this purpose.) Let it sit for at least 10-15 and up to 30 minutes to soak up the flavor and velvet just a bit..
- In a wok or large saute pan, bring 1/2 Tablespoon of oil to high heat and quickly stir fry the onions and green onions just until the onions start to turn translucent. Set aside on a plate..
- Keeping the heat high, stir fry the meat in two equal batches for 3 minutes or so (until the meat is done) with 1/2 Tablespoon oil per batch. You can set aside the first batch on the plate with the veg while you stir fry the second..
- When all the meat is cooked, put it all back in your wok or pan, and add the onions..
- Give everything a few quick tosses or folds to make sure all the components get seasoned..
- Enjoy over steamed rice. :).
Place the steak in a shallow bowl and add the water, vegetable, and cornstarch mixture. Cut the beef into thin slices. Coat the marinated beef with ingredient (B). Deep-fried the beef slices in hot oil for two minutes. Garlic, soy-sauce and brown sugar come together to create a caramelized sauce that coats tender juicy pieces of steak for uncompromising flavor.