Pulled Pork. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics & Find your next favourite book Looking For For Pulled Pork? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. eBay Is Here For You with Money Back Guarantee and Easy Return. Get Your For Pulled Pork Today!
The pork shoulder braises on the hob and transforms to tender shreds that can be piled into a soft roll. Pork shoulder is ideal for pulling purposes. It has an optimum fat content that yields to create tender, melty meat, but it's essential you cook it slowly to allow the protein to break down properly. You can have Pulled Pork using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork
- It’s 5-6 lbs of pork shoulder or butt.
- You need 1 of medium white or yellow onion, sliced into half moons.
- Prepare of Dry rub, recipe follow.
- It’s of Tap water.
- It’s 1-2 bottles of bbq sauce, such as Dinosaur Barbeque original.
- It’s of Dry rub.
- You need 1 Tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Take it out of the oven too early and you may as well dine on a pair of wellies. Reduce the heat to a steady simmer, cover with a lid and cook. Drizzle a little olive oil over the pork and season generously with sea salt, black pepper and the paprika. Pulled jerk pork with rice and avocado Rubbed with a medley of paprika, jerk seasoning, sugar and salt, and slow-cooked until mouthwateringly tender, this main is worth the wait.
Pulled Pork instructions
- Dry the pork on all sides with a paper towel. Mix dry rub ingredients together in a bowl, then sprinkle on all sides of the pork and massage into meat..
- Allow meat to come to room temp on the counter for about 1 hour. Add the sliced onions to the slow cooker, then add the pork, fat side up. Fill the slow cooker 3/4 full with water. Cover with lid and cook on low 8-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Turning once half way through..
- Remove the meat and onions from the crock pot with tongs. Discard the cooking liquid. Shred the meat and return meat and onions back to crock pot. Add 1 bottle of bbq sauce and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or more..
- Serve on top of potato buns with extra bbq sauce to taste. Goes well with green apple coleslaw..
Make pulled pork for a casual weekend get together and serve on baps with coleslaw for something irresistible! Top pulled pork recipes Pressure cooker pulled pork Many people eat pulled pork without knowing which cut it is made from, so don't worry if you're lost. If you're making it from scratch, you will want to use the pork shoulder joint. This is because this cut is most suited to slow cooking, which is primarily what gives pulled pork its rich, tasty texture and flavour. Pour the oil into the bottom of a slow cooker.