Fruit Oatmeal Cookies. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Browse Our Food & Drink Range Online.
Stir in raisins, walnuts, coconut and dates. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. You can have Fruit Oatmeal Cookies using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fruit Oatmeal Cookies
- You need 1 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Oatmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown Sugar or regular Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soft unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of dehydrated fruits like pineapple, peach, apricot.
- It’s 3 of big Dates chopped.
- You need 2-3 tablespoon of Raisins.
- You need 2 tablespoon of dehydrated Coconut pieces.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of chopped dark Chocolate or chips.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of grated Coconut or dessicated Coconut.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the quick oats and dried fruit. Stir in the dates, currants, cranberries, and nuts. Flatten the top of each cookie.
Fruit Oatmeal Cookies instructions
- Sieve together All purpose flour or maida and baking powder..
- Collect all the dehydrated fruits, dates and raisins in a plate..
- In a mixing bowl add sugar and soft butter. I use brown sugar. You can use white sugar also..
- Combine well with a spatula or hand..
- Add one egg and mix together..
- Add cinnamon powder, honey and vanilla essence. Mix well..
- Next add the fruits, raisins and coconut both dehydrated and grated..
- Mix well to combine uniformly..
- Add sieved maida or all purpose flour and oatmeal..
- Give it a good mix with hand. A soft dough will form..
- To this dough add chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips..
- Mix lightly to incorporate the chocolates with the dough..
- Cover and keep the dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to become the dough little hard so that we can handle easily to give the shape of the cookies..
- Pre heat oven at 170 degree Celsius for 10 minutes..
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet or aluminium foil..
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator, make small lime size balls (about 15 to 16) and place them in the baking tray. Keep some gap between the cookies as they will expand during baking..
- Bake them for about 12 to 15 minutes at 170 degree or until light brown in colour..
- Immediately take out from oven and transfer the sheet with cookies to a cool place..
- Be careful to transfer as the cookies will be soft this time and may break easily..
- Rest them to cool completely. They will be little hard when cool..
- Keep them in a air tight container and serve as required..
Preparation In a large bowl cream the butter with the brown sugar and beat in the egg, the baking soda mixture, the flour, the salt, and the vanilla. Stir in the oats, the apricots, the prunes, and. Oatmeal Candied Fruit Cookies Add color and flavor to the traditional oatmeal cookie by swapping the raisins for candied pineapple and cherries. These chewy, flavorful delights are easy to make, and are perfect for school bake sales, lunch boxes, and general munching. Makes sure the cookies are spread apart as they will flatten while baking.