Pizza Sauce (revised). A simple pizza sauce used by many pizzerias. The thickness of the sauce is regulated by the amount of water used; it should be somewhat viscous. Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil into a hot pan over medium-high heat.
In the region where my mother is from, oregano is for pizza sauce, not pasta sauce. Also, don't believe for a minute that either one should be "thick" or "heavy." If you end up with a thick pizza sauce, you're not making anything remotely Italian. Ladle sauce in two rows down the length of the pizza. You can cook Pizza Sauce (revised) using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza Sauce (revised)
- Prepare 371 g of water-You DO have a gram scale, don't you? :).
- It’s 335 of g, (12 oz) can Tomato Paste.
- You need 2 tsp of Freeze Dried Basil (2/3 tsp dried).
- It’s 2 tsp of Freeze Dried Oregano (2/3 tsp dried).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fennel seed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried crushed Rosemary.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of White Sugar.
Season the top of the pizza with a pinch of oregano. Look for an amber-colored top and crispy edges. After removing the pizza from the oven, use a small offset spatula or knife to loosen the sides of the crust from the pan. Remove from heat, stir in crushed tomatoes, oregano, fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.* Pizza Sauce Recipe
Pizza Sauce (revised) step by step
- Measure out all ingredients..
- Mix well and pour into 4 containers, about 172g each. I used fresh oyster containers..
- Put into the freezer and thaw for several hours before using..
Pre-cooked and canned sauces tend to dry out on a pizza and the true flavor of the tomatoes becomes dull, while this uncooked sauce keeps it's vibrant tomato flavor and color. Authentic pizza sauce is not cooked until it is put into the oven on pizza. In a medium bowl, Mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, garlic and paprika. Mix red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and tomatoes into olive oil mixture.