Beef stroganoff with rice. Prepare rice according to package directions. Stroganoff is the perfect fall comfort food, made even more perfect by the fact that it's quick and easy. Tender steak, earthy mushrooms, silky sauce and cozy rice make this the perfect weeknight feast.
Add in ground beef, salt & pepper. In large skillet on medium heat, start browning ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks. When partially cooked, add salt, onions, garlic, and mushrooms and continue cooking until soft and ground beef browns. You can have Beef stroganoff with rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef stroganoff with rice
- Prepare 500 g of beef strips.
- It’s 1 of x onion.
- You need 200 g of mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 cup of rice (or can use pasta of choice).
- You need of Beef stroganoff recipe base.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
Add the spinach to the rice pan and replace the lid. Add the brandy to the steak, carefully light it with a match (if you want), let the flames subside, then return the mushrooms to the pan with the yoghurt and milk and bring to the boil. Transfer the wilted spinach to a nice serving platter, then fluff up and scatter the rice over the top. Get your rice started using the method of your choice.
Beef stroganoff with rice instructions
- Put 5 cups of water in a pot and bring to boil, add rice when water is boiling. Cook for about 15-17 minutes.
- While rice is cooking cut up onion into small piece's.
- Heat saucepan, add beef strip's lightly brown and add onion. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat and add mushrooms cook unit soft..
- Add recipe base stir for 2 minutes and add water, stir and simmer for 5 minutes (may need to simmer for longer if you prefer it to be thicker)add paprika stir..
- Add rice and stir through sour cream and serve..
Cook according to the directions on the package. When it is cooked, set aside. Meanwhile, in a large pan, on medium high heat, break up and brown the ground beef. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese. A little bit of zip is added using pepper flakes.