Lentil Soup In Instant Pot!. Created By You & Made By Us. Whether You Can Be With Them Or Not – We Are Here To Help Show Your Loved Ones You Care This simple lentil soup, made in the Instant Pot®, is full of warming Middle Eastern spices that deliver complex flavor. Instant Pot Lentil Soup – an easy, healthy recipe for French lentil soup made in the electric pressure cooker.
To an Instant Pot, add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, lentils, and tomatoes. Add thyme and Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Pour broth over and stir to combine. You can have Lentil Soup In Instant Pot! using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil Soup In Instant Pot!
- You need Half of bag of lentils (I used brown. Only kind I had.).
- You need of About 3 cups water.
- You need of About 4 cups chicken broth.
- It’s of I large can of Whole San Marzano tomatoes-garlic&red pepper kind.
- You need 3 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need of About teaspoon crushed or chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, your choice, chopped or diced.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need of About teaspoon dried parsley or use fresh.
- Prepare of About 3 dashes of Paprika.
- You need 3 Dashes of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 dashes of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Himalayan Pink salt or add to taste later as you like.
- Prepare 1 of light dash of Cardamom for luck.
Drizzle the olive oil into the Instant Pot and set to sauté. Once the oil is hot, add the onion. This Instant Pot Red Lentil Soup recipe has a surprise ingredient-BACON!!! Didn't expect that in lentil soup, did ya?!
Lentil Soup In Instant Pot! instructions
- Do not drain tomatoes. Crush with hands. Or use diced if you like. I prefer the San Marzano with garlic & red pepper. I didnt soak the lentils but you can if you like. Wash and look through them. Take out any odd bits or shriveled lentils if you find them. Wash and rinse about 3 or 4 times. Add lentils to Instant Pot. Add ALL other ingredients. Give it a stir. Put on lid. Lock the lid. Make sure valve is centered. Set for MANUAL- 10 MINUTES Press start..
- Use natural steam release or manual release after timer beeps. BE SAFE HERE. Let soup rest at least 5 minutes. SAFETY FIRST- after steam releases completely, use oven mitt and carefully open lid. Stir and carefully remove bay leaves if you like. Ladel soup into bowl. Enjoy with whatever you like- crackers, bread, flat breads, a salad etc. The aroma is amazing. Flavor is great. Hope you enjoy this soup. Its too easy..
Never worry, this recipe can be super easily adapted to be a vegetarian or vegan lentil soup, too! Don't let the bacon scare you away. Typically I love warm, comforting soups and stews ONLY in the winter…I know, call me weird. How to cook Lemon Lentil Soup in Instant Pot Add all the ingredients except for the lemon juice and zest to Instant Pot. Turn the vent on the lid to the sealing position.