Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust. Crisp Your Crust Par-baking the flatbreads gives them the crispy edges we love and makes them sturdy enough to support the toppings. Poke your fingers all around the surface of the flatbreads or prick a few holes with a fork. Top each with your favorite toppings.
Use a fork to poke holes across the dough and brush them both lightly with olive oil. Place on whatever toppings you'the like (in the picture, we went with a veggie pizza with peppers, onions and baby spinach). Poke the surface of the flatbread all over with a fork. You can cook Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust
- You need 1 tsp. of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of instant yeast (or active dry).
- You need 3/4 cup of warm water (between 100°-110°F).
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour (or bread flour).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil + additional for brushing dough with.
- You need 1 tsp. of garlic powder (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning (optional).
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, oil, and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Commercial flatbreads and pizza crusts though can be made with a number of additives and preservatives which can affect the nutritional benefit. Then everybody just builds the pizza to their soul's content. This had a bunch of pesto on the crust as the sauce, then the veggies and cheese on top.
Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust instructions
- In a medium bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and water together and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, until it starts to turn frothy. Then add the flour, salt and olive oil. If you'the like to add the garlic powder and Italian seasoning for extra flavor, then add it now. Use a rubber spatula to combine everything together. The dough will be thick and shaggy..
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and use floured hands to knead it for 2 minutes, until it fully comes together and becomes smooth. If it's still sticky at all, add a little more flour as needed. Then place the dough into a large, greased bowl and cover it. Let it rest and rise a bit for 45 minutes. While you're waiting, go ahead and prepare your pizza toppings..
- After the 45 minutes are up, preheat your oven to 450°F. Punch the dough down to release any air and divide it in half. Use your hands to shape and stretch each half out on a lightly floured surface until it's 1/4 inch thick. You could use a rolling pin, if you'the like. Carefully transfer each one to a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork to poke holes across the dough and brush them both lightly with olive oil..
- Place on whatever toppings you'the like (in the picture, we went with a veggie pizza with peppers, onions and baby spinach). Bake for 12-20 minutes (times vary depending on how hot your oven runs) until the crust is lightly browned. Then slice it and serve..
Stick 'em back into the oven just long enough for the toppings to bubble up and the flatbread to crisp just a bit. Spread the dough on parchment paper the same size of the pizza stone. Remove from the oven and cover the dough with your favorite toppings. Place flat bread on a well-floured or cornmeal-dusted pizza peel, flat baking sheet or the back side of a jelly roll pan. Parchment paper (not waxed paper) also works.