Steamed Healthy Chocolate cake /Bombs. Steamed Chocolate sponge cake with Idly maker & Chocolate Cake bombs in Appe. Meet my steamy little friend — my healthy chocolate buckwheat molten mini cake. It's like I baked a chocolate bomb into these.
Pour this into the prepared pan cover it lightly with a oiled foil, the oil side should be down. Bring a steamer with water to a boil. Remove the cake from the steamer. You can have Steamed Healthy Chocolate cake /Bombs using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Healthy Chocolate cake /Bombs
- You need 1 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Jaggery/Coconut sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa powder (use 1/4 cup for enhanced chocolate flavour).
- You need 1/2 cup of + 2 tbsp Milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Curd/Yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Lemon juice/Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Oil (I used Unrefined Peanut Oil).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need of Oil to drizzle.
- Prepare of White Chocolate chips.
- It’s of White chocolate sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of White Chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coconut Oil.
Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda into a medium bowl, then whisk in the salt. Eggless steamed chocolate cake recipe (also known as how to make cake without an oven): I was making a layered checkered cake for a good friend's birthday last weekend using the eggless sponge cake as the base. For the chocolate sponge cake layer, I just added some cocoa powder to the batter and removed some flour to compensate. When you steam a cake, you don't get the same browned edges as you would if it were baked.
Steamed Healthy Chocolate cake /Bombs instructions
- Copy paste link in browser to watch video: https://youtu.be/OjnWdIbODr8.
- Lets prepare the cake batter. For dry ingredients: Add Wheat flour, Baking powder, Baking soda, Salt and unsweetened Cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Wet ingredients: In another bowl add 1/2 cup Milk & Coconut sugar. Add any Sugar of choice. Mix well.
- Add Oil. Mix well. Then add whisked Curd/Yogurt with Vanilla extract and Lemon juice. Mix well until combined.
- Sieve all dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix well without lumps..
- Add 2 tbsp Milk. Skip Milk if your curd is runny. Cake batter is done..
- Grease idly plate or any cup to steam the batter. Add water in the steaming pot. Place the idly plate once the water starts to boil..
- Cover & steam cook it for 10 to 15 mins. Check with toothpick if the cake is done..
- Same way Grease appe pan, add batter with some chocolate chips. Cover & cook each side in low flame for 7 mins until done..
- Piping hot cake is ready to eat. Add icecream or drizzle white chocolate sauce & serve it warm. Delicious & soft cakes are done..
While this may not seem like a big deal, it can and does affect the flavor. Steamed cakes will have a more pure flavor of the ingredients that make up the cake. Baked cakes will have a more rounded flavor, and this is because of the browned edges. Use a spoon to dollop the melted chocolate into your molds, smoothing it around the edges until everything is covered. Fill your mold three-fourths full with your hot cocoa mix and optional add-ins.