Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ"). Vergelijk de prijzen voordat je koopt. The beef used is often one of the good cuts: Sirloin, Rib Eye or Tenderloin where the marbling is more pronounced. While it can be made with other meats such as chicken ( dak bulgogi ) and pork ( dweji bulgogi ), the term "bulgogi" generally refers to the beef version.
Mix them well together while gently. Preheat a skillet / bbq grill on medium high heat until well heated. Bulgogi (불고기) is a classic Korean preparation of beef or pork in which thinly shaved meat is marinated in a sweet and savory sauce, and grilled on a Thanks to the rise of the Korean food scene in Japan, Bulgogi (プルコギ) is gaining such popularity that a lot of housewives are making the BBQ. You can have Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ")
- It’s 2 pounds of beef (ribeye or skirt steak work well), very thinly sliced. I don't recommend super lean cuts for this preparation.
- It’s 1 of whole green onion (white and green parts) chopped.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- Prepare 1/4 of of a sweet apple, finely grated (you can use 3 Tablespoons apple sauce in a pinch) to tenderize and sweeten.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of regular soy sauce.
In Korean "bul" means fire and "gogi" means meat. So bulgogi literally means fire meat. It's thinly sliced meat that then you marinate. And then you grill it on a barbecue or on the stove.
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") instructions
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl and ideally allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. For me, the best way to get all the meat evenly seasoned is to get in there with your hands and mix and massage to distribute all the seasonings thoroughly and evenly..
- PAN FRY OR SAUTE METHOD: Cook the meat in four separate batches on an oil (about 1.5 teaspoons per batch) pan preheated to medium high, for 2.5 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all pieces are cooked. If you, like I, love onions, you can saute some 1/4-inch thick pieces of sliced onions with each batch..
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix an additional 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons oil in with the meat and spread the meat evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Place the pan about 4 inches under the heat element and cook for 15 minutes..
- GRILL METHOD: You'll need a grill basket or screen to keep the meat from falling through the slats. Spread the meat in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the goals or gas element) until the meat is cooked. 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..
- Enjoy! :).
Bulgogi is usually eaten with rice, lettuce or perilla leaves and some kimchi on the side. Bulgogi (불고기): Thinly Sliced Korean Beef BBQ. It is also the first dish I ever learned how to cook, which explains how simple it is to make. e. Bulgogi (불고기; / bʊlˈɡoʊɡiː / bool-GOH-gee; from Korean bul-gogi [pul.ɡo.ɡi] ), literally "fire meat", is a gui (구이; Korean-style grilled or roasted dish) made of thin, marinated slices of beef or pork grilled on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle. It is also often stir-fried in a pan in home cooking.