Bulgogi. Combine soy sauce, sugar, green onion, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Bulgogi is made from thin slices of sirloin or other prime cuts of beef. Ribeye is also commonly used due to its tenderness and easily-cuttable texture.
Bulgogi, a Korean classic of marinated grilled beef, is easy to make and fun to eat; it's no wonder it is one of the country's most successful culinary exports. As with most Korean barbecue, the. MARINADE: Cut meat across the grain into very thin slices and then narrow strips. You can have Bulgogi using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bulgogi
- It’s of For the bulgogi:.
- Prepare 260 of – 300g beef fillet or sirloin.
- It’s 4 of large garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of ripe Asian pear, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cm of piece of ginger root, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of scallion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of dark soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp. of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp. of sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Shaoxing wine or dry sherry.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of light brown sugar or honey.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare of sesame seeds, toasted, to sprinkle at the end.
- Prepare of To serve:.
- You need of Romaine or Cos lettuce leaves, or.
- Prepare of lightly toasted pita bread.
- You need of cooked rice (optional).
- It’s of jalapeno chili, deseeded and finely sliced.
- It’s sticks of carrot shredded into.
- It’s 2-3 of radishes, shredded into sticks.
- It’s of cucumber slices or sticks.
- Prepare of For the spiced mayo:.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp. of full fat mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp. of hot chilli sauce, ideally Sriracha.
Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, pepper or chili, sesame seeds and green onions. Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef, typically cooked over an open flame. "Bul" means fire in Korean, and "gogi" is a general term for meat. While it can be made with other meats such as chicken (dak bulgogi) and pork (dweji bulgogi), the term "bulgogi" generally refers to the beef. Place beef, carrots, and onions in the bag; seal, and shake to coat the vegetables and beef with the sauce.
- Place the meat in the freezer for 1 – 2 hours to firm it up. In the meantime process the garlic, pear, onion and ginger to smooth puree..
- Slice the beef against the grain thinly, about 4-5mm. Place it in a bowl or a zip lock bag together with the puree; add the other bulgogi ingredients except the sesame seeds and mix in well, stirring the meat around in the bowl or squishing it about in the bag. Chill for at least an hour and up to overnight..
- Prepare the spiced mayo by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl. When you’re ready to cook prepare the lettuce and garnishes so that everyone can build their own bulgogi parcel or kebab..
- Heat up a cast iron pan or a heavy skillet over high heat. Transfer the meat into a colander and shake it about to get rid of some liquid. When the pan is hot, add the meat with the remaining marinade and stir fry until most liquid has vanished and the meat starts to brown around the edges. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and keep the meat hot. Toast the pitas..
- To eat, either load a pita, kebab style, with torn lettuce, meat, garnishes and sauce; or place some meat, rice and garnishes on a lettuce leaf, fold in and wrap up the edges to form a small parcel. The lettuce parcel should be eaten in one bite!.
WHAT IS BULGOGI Literally speaking, bulgogi (불고기) means "fire meat". It is often made with tender parts of beef, pork or chicken. However, in general terms, unless specified, bulgogi is made with beef. Combine pear, garlic, soy sauce, gochugaru, ginger, sugar, and sesame oil in a large resealable plastic bag or medium bowl. Using a sharp knife, slice meat into very thin strips.