[Farmhouse Recipe] Cobb Salad Dressing. Cobb salad dressing is a basic vinaigrette with hints of mustard and lemon juice. It is very easy to make and most often calls to be made in a blender or food processor but can absolutely be made in a bowl using a whisk. This dressing was made along with the original cobb salad by Bob Cobb who was the owner of the Brown.
How To Make Cobb Salad Dressing. Cobb salad dressing is easy to make. It starts with an oil and vinegar base with a little lemon for brightness. You can have [Farmhouse Recipe] Cobb Salad Dressing using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Cobb Salad Dressing
- It’s 5 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Yogurt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Grainy mustard.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Cayenne pepper (or chili pepper) powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Onions, green or red peppers etc., finely chopped.
Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and garlic add flavor while a hint of sugar tempers acidity and rounds out flavors. You can whisk the dressing together or shake it in a jar, but I prefer to use an immersion blender to emulsify the ingredients. I also love this farmhouse salad dressing on a house-style salad made with hearty greens like romaine and iceberg lettuce, hard-boiled eggs, carrots, and croutons. It also makes a fantastic dip for veggies, chips, and even crakers!
[Farmhouse Recipe] Cobb Salad Dressing step by step
- Mix all the ingredients together and it's done!.
- Pour on top of your favorite salads..
- I added onion and red, green and yellow bell peppers to the dressing..
- If you have leftover bell peppers, make "Frozen Pepper Mix" with it. It's really handy.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149613-farmhouse-recipe-frozen-mixed-bell-peppers.
Memorize that and you will never again forget the elements in a classic Cobb salad. Egg, Avocado, Tomato, Chicken, Onion, Bacon, Blue Cheese. The Cobb salad originated in Los Angeles at the restaurant The Hollywood Brown Derby. How To Make Salad Dressing Step-By-Step. Add ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.