Beef Bulgogi 🥩🥢. Served with a side of steamed rice this version of beef bulgogi couldn't be better. I used a grill pan on the stove and crisped the ribs under the broiler. It would be best on an outdoor grill but I don't have one.
Easy to prepare and very easy to eat! Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef, typically cooked over an open flame. "Bul" means fire in Korean, and "gogi" is a general term for meat. While it can be made with other meats such as chicken ( dak bulgogi ) and pork ( dweji bulgogi ), the term "bulgogi" generally refers to the beef. You can cook Beef Bulgogi 🥩🥢 using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Bulgogi 🥩🥢
- It’s 1 of medium size rumb steak fillet.
- Prepare 1/2 of big onion peeled (thinly sliced).
- Prepare of Bulgogi Sauce-.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of grated ginger.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of grated garlic.
- You need 1 Tbsp of mirin or sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn flour (optional).
- You need 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 stalks of green onion (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of toasted sesame seeds (for garnish).
Bulgogi, a Korean classic of marinated grilled beef, is easy to make and fun to eat; it's no wonder it is one of the country's most successful culinary exports As with most Korean barbecue, the meat is seasoned with sesame and scallion, and has ripe pears in the marinade to tenderize the meat and add a characteristic sweetness Round, pale yellow Asian pears are traditional, but Bosc pears. The flavorful marinade – made with soy sauce, sesame seeds and oil, garlic, and a little sugar – gives a unique flavor to beef and vegetables. Serve over white rice for a complete meal. Your comprehensive guide to making the most delicious bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef) at home!
Beef Bulgogi 🥩🥢 step by step
- Mix up your bulgogi sauce on a small mixing bowl..
- Slice your steak to long strips, add half of the sauce innamd mux, leave it marinate for 5-10 min..
- On medium heat pan, add vegetable cooking oil in then add your beef, onion and garlic, stir well. Add the rest of the sauce in and mix well. Add half of your spring onions in and mix well. Drizzle a little bit of sesame oil on top if prefer before turn heat off..
- Sprinkle some spring onion and sesame seeds on top before serve. Perfect with Japanese rice and kimchi..
With this, you can make mildly sweet, savory, smoky, juicy and tender delicious bulgogi. WHAT IS BULGOGI Literally speaking, bulgogi (불고기) means 'fire meat'. It is often made with tender parts of beef, pork or chicken. In a medium bowl, combine pear, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and gochujang. Bulgogi marinade The marinade for bulgogi varies, but traditionally it consists of black pepper, garlic, onion, ginger, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sugar and rice wine ().