Mongolian beef. Whisk the chicken stock and cornstarch in a freezer-safe bowl until smooth; whisk in the hot chili oil, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, sherry, sugar, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes. Place the beef into the sauce, stir to coat well. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan.
When you combine the cornstarch with the beef, this gives it the distinct crunch on the outside and tender inside. Add soy sauce, water and brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Mongolian beef is prepared with a quick stir-frying process. You can have Mongolian beef using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mongolian beef
- You need of For Marination:.
- It’s 300 gm of Beef (Julian cut).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water if needed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of For Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ginger(minced).
- Prepare 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of soya sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken/mutton broth.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornflour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour + 1 tbsp water for thickening the sauce.
- It’s 2 of scallions (cut diagonally).
- You need of Sesame seeds for garnishing.
Therefore, suitable cuts of beef should be tender. Certainly, it should also be without too much fat, and no bone attached. You can use tenderloin or sirloin for the best result. The beef should still be quite moist after it has marinated.
Mongolian beef instructions
- Marinate beef with oil, soya sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chilli sauce and corn flour for half an hour..
- Shallow fry beef and put the beef in a bowl..
- Drain the oil from the wok. Add ginger & garlic, fry it for 15 sec..
- Now add soya sauce and water. Stir it, then add brown sugar and broth. Stir it continuously..
- Simmer the sauce for 2 minutes. Now dissolve cornflour with water and add slowly into sauce..
- Stir it continuously untill sauce consistency become thick..
- Add fried beef, scallions and toss for a minute..
- Dish out it in a platter and sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions..
- Serve it hot with vegetables fried rice/ Thai rice..
If it looks too dry, add a tablespoon of water to it. Mongolian Beef is a recipe that I've been cooking for clients for many years for a number of reasons. One, people love anything that tastes like Chinese takeout. Mongolian Beef is known to be sweet and savory in every bite! This is hands down one of the BEST things that I have ever made in my slow cooker.