Chimichurri Black Beans. Add chimichurri and fry for about a minute, until sauce is fragrant and bubbling. Black Bean Salad with Chimichurri Sauce Plus, this black salad is full of healthy things so you feel really good about eating it. With brown rice, black beans, sweet corn and tomatoes, and avocado, this dish is definitely bathing suit friendly.
I would serve it with a hearty Spanish red, like a Rioja Riserva, and stand back to watch my dinner guests gobble it all down. A mouthwatering bowl of black beans served with chimichurri sauce, pickled onion, cotija cheese (optional), and chopped pistachios. A hearty and healthy vegetarian entree. You can cook Chimichurri Black Beans using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chimichurri Black Beans
- It’s 1.5 cup of pre-soaked black beans.
- Prepare 3 strips of thick cut bacon, cut into chunks.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper (or 1 entire bell pepper); diced.
- It’s 1/2 of large onion (or 1 entire onion); diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic; minced.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 of heaping tbsps of chimichurri (see my recipe or use your own!).
- You need of Water.
The cook time and instructions include cooking dried beans from scratch. You can shorten the total time by using canned beans, making this a very quick meal. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Bean salads are generally tossed with an oil and vinegar based dressing, I have no arguments with that.
Chimichurri Black Beans step by step
- In a pot over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Set the bacon aside and keep the oil..
- Sauté the onions and bell peppers until translucent. Add the garlic and simmer for another 2-3 minutes (just don’t burn it!)..
- Add in the beans + bay leaves!!…and a crapload of water because even though they are pre-soaked, they still need to hydrate. I think I put a total of about 6 cups of water. Keep an eye on it, and have more water ready just in case so they don’t stick to the pan. Simmer on med-med high heat for about an hour..
- Taste for seasoning. Add salt to your liking. And enjoy! I put this over rice with some cilantro/cheese :).
But Chimichurri sauce is a classic Argentinian sauce made with fresh herbs, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. The flavor just explodes in your mouth and it really wakes up a bean salad. The chimichurri can be made in advance as well. Just keep it in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator, and it'll be delicious for a week or more. This Rice and Beans with Corn and Chimichurri recipe is great with both the spicier Chimichurri and the slightly sweeter Giardinera Chimichurri – or a combination of both.