Mongolian beef. Whisk the chicken stock and cornstarch in a freezer-safe bowl until smooth; whisk in the hot chili oil, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, sherry, sugar, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes. Place the beef into the sauce, stir to coat well. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan.
When you combine the cornstarch with the beef, this gives it the distinct crunch on the outside and tender inside. Tips and Tricks for making the perfect Mongolian beef: Mongolian beef is prepared with a quick stir-frying process. Therefore, suitable cuts of beef should be tender. You can have Mongolian beef using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mongolian beef
- It’s of Beef.
- You need 40 g of cornflour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of crushed ginger (thumbsize) minced.
- It’s 650 g of rump steak thinly sliced (or lean frying steak).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic chopped and minced.
- You need 30 ml of soy sauce.
- Prepare 200 ml of water.
- It’s 30 g of honey.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes (optional).
- Prepare 2 of spring onions finely chopped.
- You need Pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Mixed Veg.
- It’s 1 of red pepper -strips.
- You need of Mushroom – handful sliced.
- It’s 1 of courgette -sticks (defluffed).
- It’s 2 tsp of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare of Noodles.
- It’s 400 g of fresh egg noodles.
- You need 1 tsp of sunflower oil.
Certainly, it should also be without too much fat, and no bone attached. You can use tenderloin or sirloin for the best result. Add soy sauce, water and brown sugar and stir until dissolved. The beef should still be quite moist after it has marinated.
Mongolian beef instructions
- Coat beef in cornflour and set aside.
- Heat pan add garlic and ginger constantly stirring for 30 seconds (do not brown).
- Add beef and pinch of salt and pepper and fry until cooked through.
- Add soy sauce, water, honey and chilli flakes and simmer for 5 to 10 mins.
- Whilst beef simmering prepare veg if not already done.
- Add 1tsp oil to pan and stir fry veg 4 minutes before end of beef simmering, add water if needed.
- Add 1 tsp oil to seperate pan and stir fry noodles 2-4 mins stir constantly.
- Once noodles and veg cooked add both to pan with beef.
- Mix well and serve immediately with spring onion on top.
If it looks too dry, add a tablespoon of water to it. Mongolian Beef is a recipe that I've been cooking for clients for many years for a number of reasons. One, people love anything that tastes like Chinese takeout. Mongolian Beef is known to be sweet and savory in every bite! This is hands down one of the BEST things that I have ever made in my slow cooker.