Instapot rice pudding. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Instant Pot Blog; How They Work; Products.
In the Instant Pot, combine rice, sugar, salt, and milk. Select Sauté function and bring contents to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, cover and lock lid in place. You can cook Instapot rice pudding using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instapot rice pudding
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy whipping cream *divided*.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of raisins (optional) do not soak them.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 3/4-1 cup of sugar: I suggest 3/4 if using raisins in recipe.
Select Manual or Pressure Cook function on the Instant Pot and adjust to low pressure. While rice is cooking, whisk eggs with half and half and. Rinse rice until water runs clear. Strain out most of the water and add rice to a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®).
Instapot rice pudding instructions
- Put salt, water and rice in your instapot. Cook on low pressure on the rice setting. When done left self depressurize and beging mixing ingredients while waiting..
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream until thoroughly mixed. Set aside..
- Once depressurized open instapot, mix rice to make sure there are no clumps of rice..
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cup of whipping cream, sugar, raisins and cinnamon powder. Mix together..
- Using a screen strainer pour the egg mixture through it into the instapot. It is important to strain it. If you do not you will have chunks of egg in your rice pudding. Throw out any goop left in the strainer..
- Turn on saute setting. You must constantly mix until mixture is boiling. It can stick to bottom of pot and burn. It also has to reach boiling to cook the egg properly..
- Once it reaches a boil remove pot and pour mixture into bowl to cool. It will continue to thicken. When serving add milk your portion to thin to desired consistancy..
- Substitutions: you can use milk or half and half in place of heavy whipping cream. When substituting for the rice you want to use a risotto rice, you can use standard white rice but it won't be starchy enough and the consistancy can be off..
Add milk, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and stir well. Instant Pot rice pudding is a fuss-free dessert made with ingredients found in most pantries. Rice pudding is a comforting dessert that is enjoyed all over the world. Rice pudding—or sweet rice—likely originated in China, where rice has been. This Instant Pot rice pudding is an absolute classic and loaded with flavor.