Reverse Boston Cream Pie!. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Dissolve cocoa in boiling water, cool.
Gradually add flour mixture alternating with sour cream, add the cocoa mixture and mix well. For those who favor the traditional Boston Cream Pie, there is another way to look at this dessert. Instead, think of it as a reverse chocolate cream pie. You can cook Reverse Boston Cream Pie! using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Reverse Boston Cream Pie!
- Prepare of FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE.
- You need of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare of boiling water.
- Prepare of softened butter.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of cake flour.
- You need of baking soda.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of sour cream.
- It’s of FOR PASTRY CREAM FILLING.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of cornstarch.
- It’s of egg yolks.
- Prepare of whole milk.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- You need of chopped good quality white chocolate.
See recipes for Boston Cream Pie, Reverse Boston Cream Pie! too. But traditional or not, it's simply delicious. Moist, tender vanilla layers are sandwiched around a rich. Gradually stir egg mixture into sugar mixture.
Reverse Boston Cream Pie! step by step
- FOR CAKE.
- Dissolve cocoa in boiling water, cool. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time beating after each egg is added,add vanilla..
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl..
- Gradually add flour mixture alternating with sour cream, add the cocoa mixture and mix well..
- Pour into 2 10 inch greased and floured cake pans, bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean..
- NOTE This cake also can be baked in 3 standard 9 inch pans for 30 minutes, I changed the pan size for this 2 layer cake as its my best chocolate cake recipe!.
- Cool cake in pans 10 minites on rack then run a knife to looten edges and turn out and cool..
- FOR PASTRY CREAM FILLING.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, cornstarch and egg yolks, beat on high speed 2 minutes until thickened..
- Meanwhile in a saucepan heat milk to a simmer, gradually pour one third of the hot milk into the egg mixture, whisking all the time,pour mixture back into saucepan still whisking,scraping sides to keep smooth.Cook over low ro medium heat until it begins to thicken and bubble cook 60 seconds more. Pour into a bowl press parchment paper on surface of pastry cream to prevent a skin and chill until cold. This can be done a day or two in advance..
- FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Hrat cream to a simmer, remove from heat add white chocolte, let sit a minute and than stir until smooth.
- TO ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Spread cold pastry cream between cooled cake layers. Drizzle lukewarm glaze over letting it drizzle down the sides..
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and white chocolate sprinkles and chill..
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Growing up, Boston Cream Pie was one of my mother's favorite desserts in the world. I'm a cake person so naturally it became one of my favorites too. Start off by making the pastry cream. Scald the milk in a medium-sized heavy-bottomed pot then set aside.