Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream. Enjoy A Handmade Rich Golden Bundt Cake That Will Leave Your Guests Asking For More. I love the lightness of chiffon cakes and wanted a layer cake with a fresh strawberry flavor for one. This cake exceeded my hopes, it's light, fresh and a great celebration cake.
Put the cake together by frosting the first layer with whipped cream and place fresh strawberries cut in half or slices depending on size of berries. Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream cake flour • granulated sugar, divided use • baking powder • salt • canola oil • large egg yolks • large egg whites, at room temperate • cream of tarter Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place in a large bowl and make a well in the center. You can have Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream using 27 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream
- Prepare of CAKE.
- You need 1 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 4 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 6 of large egg whites, at room temperate.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cream of tarter.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of strawberry puree, recipe below.
- It’s of STRAWBERRY PUREE,MAKES ENOUGH FOR CAKE AND STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- You need 2 cup of hulled sliced fresh Strawberrys.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM FILLING.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- You need of STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- It’s 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cold strawberry puree.
- You need 2 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1 of recipe chocolate covered Strawberrys, recipe attached in direction step #19.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red colored sparkle sugar or sprinkles.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark chocolate shavings.
Add oil, egg yolks and orange juice; beat with a spoon until smooth. In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Transfer bottom layer to a cake plate or platter. Spread with half the berries, and drizzle with juices.
Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream step by step
- MAKE STRAWBERRY PUREE.
- Combine Strawberrys, sugar and lemon in a saucepan, cook over medium heat until juicy and soft, stirring often.about 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes then puree in food processor or blender until smooth, refrigerate until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 – 8 inch cake pans with non stick spray, line bottoms with parchment paper lightly spray parchment paper with non stick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk egg yolks, 1 cup of the sugar, vanilla and 1/3 cup of the strawberry puree until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk until.well blended.
- In a large bowl.beat egg whites with cream of tarter until.foamy, add remaining 1/4 cup sugar slowly and beat just until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of egg white mixture into egg yolk batter mixture, add remaining in 2 more additions being careful not to deflate but combining completely.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake 13 to 18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes then turn out to cool completely on wire racks.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM.FILLING.
- Have cnopped chocolate in bowl. Heat cream to a simmer either in microwave or on stovetop. Pour cream.over chocolate, let sit 1 minute then stir until.smooth. Refrigerate uncovered until cold.
- When ready to fill cake whip cold chocolate cream until fluffy.
- MAKE STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Whip cold cream until soft peaks, add confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup strawberry puree and vanilla.Beat just until light and fluffy.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place 1 cake layer bottom side up on serving plate.
- Cover layer with 1/2 of chocolate filling, top with second layer of cake, bottom up and cover with remaing chocolate filling. Top with third layer, also bottom of cake facing up.
- Frost entire cake with the strawberry whipped cream frosting.
- Garnish with chocolate covered Strawberrys, recipe attached below, sparkle sugar, and chocolate shavings https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348550-white-and-dark-chocolate-covered-strawberries.
Spread half the whipped cream over berries, then top with middle cake layer. A cross between a sponge cake and oil cake, this hybrid is soft and pillowy from whipped egg whites but rich and tender from the addition of oil and fatty egg yolks. Fill the center with half the strawberry puree. Repeat with the layer of strawberry cake, frosting, and strawberry puree, followed by topping with a layer of vanilla cake. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream frosting along the sides of the cake.